Meeting the parents

Prompt: Dream Meeting George's parents doesn't go too well.

Words: 2079

I highly recommend listening to 'back to black' by amy winehouse
——————————————————

"You sure you're ready?"

"Yeah.. it'll be fine" Dream responded calmly.

"Alright, we can always leave if you feel uncomfortable"

Nodding, Dream grabbed onto George's palm. Feeling his soft Skin, and smaller hand. Stopping to admire the size difference.

George hesitantly rang the doorbell. Hearing his fathers footsteps in the distance.

Dream squeezed George's Hand, suddenly feeling a wave of nervousness wash throw him.
Feeling the squeeze, George softly moved his thumb over his hand. Gently caressing it.

Whispering words of assurance, George eyed the door. Seeing the knob turn, anxiety spiked through the both of them.

The brunette prayed his parents would be nice to his boyfriend.
George's parents were Notorious for being snobs.

They had scared away many past relationships with both his sister, and himself.

A middle aged man opened the door, a smug smile being laced on the man's face. His wrinkles were rough, along with the force he opened the door with.

"Hi Dad, this is Clay. My boyfriend." George calmly stated.

Smiling, Dream let go of George's hand, to gesture a handshake.
George's father immediately clutching onto his hand. Almost too hard for dreams liking.

"I'm Dan. Good to meet you" he grumbled.

Dream babbled out compliments, and appreciate words. Hoping George's father would accept him, as he had his heart set on marring George in the near future.

They Followed behind Dan, as they were Lead into the kitchen. Seeing an older women putting plates down.

She had the same hair, and eyes as George.
The brunette being a complete copy of his parents.

Unfortunately, George's sister wouldn't be there. Making dream be the unwanted centre of attention.

George's mom greeted dream with a judgy look. Like she was judging every part of him.

"Mary, lovely to meet you" she smiled strangely.

"Nice to meet you, Mary" Dream earnestly grinned.

George was Talking to his father, so Dream felt it was mandatory to speak with his mother longer.

They chatted about the weather, and the House. Dream making his best effort for a Good first impression.

The blond laughed at Mary's jokes, funny or not. And was overall very polite to her.
That was until she did something he never could had prepared himself for.

She laughed awfully, and slapped her hand over dreams stomach.
"George didn't tell me that you put on a few pounds since the last photo he showed me!"

Dreams heart Fell to his feet. He chuckled and agreed awkwardly, before looking at his stomach. He knew that he wasn't as thin as he was before, but he was also significantly healthier.

But God, did her words sting. Going straight to his heart and hurting his ego.

Going from underweight, to a healthier body already had taken a toll on his mental health.
He kept reassuring himself that it wasn't noticeable, but clearly it was.