Heights

Prompt: Fear of heights

Quick chapter before I explode
Word count: 1020
——————————————————-

"Guys! We need to go on that!"

Karl was pointing towards a massive Ferris wheel. The four friends being at a carnival, on a double date. Sapnap was ecstatic to go on the rides, along with George and Karl.

Something about flying through the air in giant metal seats, sounded thrilling for them.

Dream was not so impressed with the idea. He hated heights, and the adrenaline that came with roller coasters. If anything he'd avoid it at all costs.

Yet somehow, he was at a carnival.

"Dream! Come on, let's go"

George grabbed the sleeve of his boyfriends jacket, and pulled him towards the lineup. Karl and Sapnap already being in line.

Suddenly Sapnap turned around to eye dreams face. He had lived with him for months now, he knew about his fear of heights. He was going to say something, but wanted to know how the experience would play out.
Just giving the blonde a look that said
'you're fucked lol'

Dream glared back, while fidgeting with the skin on his fingers.
That didn't last long, before George noticed and made him stop, as he was almost making his fingers bleed.

"Are you okay?"

It was only a moment of silence until the blonde made up an excuse.

The four waited in line for awhile, before getting seated. Dream and George sat in front, karl and Sapnap in a seat behind. The two being able to see the back of Georges and Dream head.

"He's gonna loose it"
"Who, George?"

"No, dream.  man is terrified of heights"

Karl chuckled at dreams very stupid decision to to go on a Ferris wheel.
Though deep down, he did feel bad.

Dream himself was panicking. He was internally screaming as the wheel began to turn, bringing them to the very top.

It was a beautiful view, as it was a soft summer night. Lights from the carnival could be seen, and wonderful memories being made by family's.

The blonde couldn't look for too long, as he felt every time the wheel shook a bit too much. His hands began to shake more, as each second passed.
He was doing his best to keep his graining fear in his head, yet also trying to not look like an idiot.

George was staring down at the view and occasionally eyeing his boyfriend. The brunette noticed how hard he was gripping at the rail, and how his chest was physically heaving.

Dream got a good look at how high they really were. He was struggling to make the panic he felt just relieve itself. He felt his mind become hazy, and a spell of dizziness wash over his mind.

"Are you okay?"

Dream paused and closed his eyes. He was giving up on trying to keep his cool. Being so stuck on how far from the ground he actually was. It didn't even click with his brain, that George even spoke to him.

"Dream?"

George was trying to figure out why exactly Dream just froze. The blonde was clutching onto the railing every time the seat swung, and never let go after.

He wouldn't open his eyes, or even respond. His stress reaction being to just freeze.

Eventually george figured out why dream was quite literally stuck in place. The brunette didn't really know what to do.

They couldn't just get off, and it didn't look like the blonde wad in the mood to start facing his life long fears.

"Baby?"

Dream looked up for split second, but when he saw the distance again, he shut his eyes immediately.

"I'm okay"

"Are you scared of heights? You look petrified"

There was a long pause before dream respond. He was still embarrassed for being so shocked from the height, and he was still trying to convince home self he was good.

The seats on the Ferris wheel began to shake from people getting on and off. Dream felt himself grow more and more anxious as he rocked back and fourth. Having a sickening feeling in his throat.

George asked again, as Dream was starting to physically shake more.

"Are you alright..?"

Dream looked at George. He began to fidget with the skin on his fingers, and looked back down again. Knowing now, he would have to admit he was scared. Therefore, making him vulnerable.

"I-I want to.. get off"

George aw'd at his boyfriend. He wouldn't have gone on the ride with him if he knew he didn't like heights.
Yet here he was.

"Okay, it's okay. We'll get off on the next chance"

Dream knuckles were still white from clutching onto the seat. His legs were shaky, and wobbly.

"Do you need a hug?"

"Y-yeah"

George reached his hand out for Dream to grab, going to pull him into a tight brace.

The blondes hands could barely reach the ones reaching for him. He couldn't find it in him to move them from grabbing the seat. Still, eventually grasping George's hand for his life.

George gently pulled dream in for the physical gesture, him immediately melting into it.

"You're alright, nothings gonna happen to you"

The seats rocked one again, and Dream unintentionally whimpered. He was genuinely scared for his life, every time the metal seats swung.

George cupped his cheek to run his thumb along the side of his cheekbone.

"We're almost at the ground, don't worry"

Karl and Sapnap watched all of this go down. From dream first grabbing the metal, to him struggling to reach for George.

"Why did he even come on here, if he's scared?" Karl asked. 

"He probably wanted to play it cool for George or something, but look how it actually worked out"

Both boys looked to see Dream gripping to George's shirt, and George still trying to comfort him. Making it obvious that the blond had finally cracked.

"I mean, he's kinda cute like that?"

Sapnap laughed and reached for Karl's hand. Being thankful George was there to make sure his best friend, who turned out to be on obsolete softie, was alright.