Chapter 2 - Whiskey Peak

I woke up the next day on a ship, almost forgetting why Vivi and I were there. Nami, the Navigator, offered us some PJs, and they were so warm last night, considering it started...

...snowing?!

I took a step outside, now knowing why Vivi and I were so cold last night. I went back inside and changed into my Baroque Works "Uniform." I was astonished at the snowfall. Since I was born in Alabasta, I rarely saw snow on missions, but I loved the snow.

When I went outside, I saw Usopp, the sniper, and Luffy, the captain, throwing snowballs at each other and chasing each other, having a blast in the snow.

I went into the kitchen where Nami was with Vivi at a table wrapped in a blanket. I was shaking because I hadn't brought any spare clothes, obviously.

Vivi and I started talking while Nami told Sanji he was doing a good job shoveling. She yelled at us to stop complaining which caused me to shrink back behind Vivi. 

I couldn't tell if I was shaking because of the cold or because of Nami. She was Scary!

Right after she yelled we heard a boom. Since Nami was near the window, I got up and went next to her to see what it was. I thought it might have been those two playing outside, but it was worse, I had almost wished it was the two outside...

...Lightning...

"It's almost like the normal rules of nature don't apply. Just like Crocus warned us..." She said, pondering the weather outside. 

I almost wished she knew until I remembered I had something like this on a mission with Bon a while ago.

Vivi and I last night decided to act like Baroque workers and be mean, so if the pirate crew got welcomed in, the baroque workers wouldn't be suspicious of nice behavior. And let's not forget the Unluckies...They were always there when you never expected it.

So... we had to be mean, no matter how much being mean to hospitable people hurt me :(

"Well? Ready to turn back yet? You have no idea how to navigate these waters!" Vivi mocked as I nodded in agreement. I didn't want to be mean, so Vivi was going to do the talking, she is a better actor than I am. 

And these guys helped us, it would be against my morals to hurt their feelings. I found something to say that wasn't terribly mean, but enough to seem mean.

"I noticed how you hadn't steered in a while. Is that wise?" I said trying to sound like I was degrading her.

She stepped outside saying she knew where we were heading, as she checked it a while ago, When she stepped outside, I heard her scream.

She yelled at the crew to change the course 180 degrees because the ship has turned completely off course, screaming how she only took her eyes off the Log pose for a second. You can never be too careful in these waters. 

I realized that when I was shipwrecked a few islands west of Alabasta, trying to get back took 3 months, not to mention it was a solo mission. I shivered at the thought of being shipwrecked again. Well, it was the thought or the weather...

"You're not a very good navigator, are you? You can't trust anything here. Not the winds, sky, waves, clouds...Nothing is as it seems in this sea." Vivi cocked her head to the navigator. "The only way to get reliable direction on the Grand Line is with the Log pose. Everyone knows that." She said the last line with an evil smirk, making me nervous about how the navigator would react.

Nami kicked us out of our blankets and out of the door while telling us to shut our 'condescending mouths' and to do something useful.

"Brace the yard! Force the wind starboard! Turn the ship 180 degrees to the left! Usopp, man thee lateen sail! Sanji, take the helm! WORK YOU TWO" She yelled the last bit at me and Vivi.