Chapter 109 - Corrida Colloseum: Stalker

The Colloseum looked divine. But, considering it was a nice day outside, with a cool breeze, but no clouds, it was pretty cold where the sun couldn't reach, so I found myself shaking slightly.

The arena was open-air, me seing the sunlight beam onto the stage, as well as glitening on the water in the moat around it, the platform itself having no enterances or exits, and largely elevated above the water. We were on a path near the base of the colosseum, where the water was the same level as us.

I glanced to my other side, seeing bars on the windows that led to other halways, making my nerves get to me.

But what got to my nerves the most, was when we entered a large room, it was full of fighters twice my height and size! The fighters looked buff, and terribly strong, for the most part. There were a few guys who looked like giants, not to mention the weapons strayed on the walls.

"This is the waiting room for the competitors," The woman spoke, "Stay here until we call you."

"Talk about action central! Wow!" Luffy said as the woman left, and I stood on his right.

The only thing you could here, were blunt object hitting other things, like punching bags and sandbags, and people arguing about who would win. We even watched one extremely large man three times my height punch a whole through a punching bag!

Luffy walked through the people, me following closely behind. I kept drawing attention, specifically because I was a girl, and I didn't see any other females in the room we were in.

"You competin', doll face?"

"You ain't gonna last but you sure are cute."

I got uncomfortable, following Luffy closer as to make sure not to get seperated.

He walked through the path of a man with a quick sword, but we both used Observation Haki to dodge the sword without doing too much. A head tilt here and there, but we left the competitor in utter confusion.

The further we went in, and the more confused Luffy looked to be, the more I heard competitors speak of us. I hadn't seen any other women so far, and everyone in here looked like a boxer or a roman guard.

I stood and pinched my temples as Luffy walked around, staying very close to me, and just blatently staring at the people sparring and taking care of their weapons, without a care in the world!

Once he was done with our area, he grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him, watching a man karate chop a punching bag, "Looks like we can use any weapon we want."

Sadly, Luffy had walked us into a corner of people, and I heard someone keep a laugh low, as others chuckled.

"What's this? Some kind of joke?" I heard someone behind me say.

"Look's like they're the last entrees," Someone said, to the left of Luffy, making me look at him, "Against warriors like us, get serious!"

"This is more than a joke!" A larger voice bellowed behind me, "It's an insult to every gladiator here."

Luffy turned and kept walking, myself following, but someone blocked Luffy's path. The last gladiator who spoke, who was the biggest person I'd seen so far. I think he was trying to intimidate us, and it worked on me, but I didn't show it, because it didn't work on Luffy.

"What're you tryna pull, squirt?" The man looked to Luffy, "Think that fake beard makes you look tough?"

"Forget about it, Spartan," A kinder gladiator said from behind Luffy, me now on his left side.