Chapter 5: Hello Drum Kingdom: Save Luffy!

"MY CATCH WAS OBVIOUSLY MUCH LARGER THAN YOURS, CURLY BROW!"

"NO WAY! MY LIZARD IS MUCH LONGER THAN YOURS, YOU MOSS HEAD!"

"Do they fight like this all the time?" I asked, watching them while I was sitting with Luffy.

"Yeah, but I don't care. HEY! Let's just eat both!"

"SHUT UP LUFFY!" They yelled in unison, causing me and Luffy to laugh.

We were still in Little Garden and we were deciding which animal to bring for food. I was remembering back to the snail call with Croco and then nudged Luffy, causing him to look at me.

I pulled him down as we were now both crouching and facing each other, so no one could hear, "Hey Luffy, remember my devil fruit?"

"Yeah! It's pretty cool! Shishishi!" He laughed as I closed his mouth and looked more serious than I normally was.

"I need you to not mention it at all when we are even near Alabasta, let alone to a Baroque Work's agent."

"Huh, why? It's so cool!" Luffy could tell I was being serious now, so he acted the same in return, though still obviously confused.

"That's why. No one in Baroque Works knows about it. Not even Croco!" He giggled at the nickname, "So my power can be of great use if no one knows about it. So just... don't mention it ever again, until you kick Croco's ass, OK?"

"Got it!" He smirked with a determined look in his eye and laughed, though something tells me he didn't get it...

After the Giants took care of the giant fish monster, I went to Nami, Vivi and I's shared room to get the bag that I used for Baroque Work's missions. 

Since I was about 10, I wanted to help out more, when I realized I couldn't do much with my devil fruit. I got some basic 'physical wound treating' while I was in Alabasta so that I and Vivi would be safe on missions. 

I pulled out my bandages and a few ointments I had and started going to the Straw Hats around the ship.

I started with Zoro. After his 'bicker battle' with Sanji, he took a nap, so it would be easy to wrap his legs, which looked like his only wound. I went to roll up his pant legs, and when I lifted his leg slightly, he grabbed my wrist tightly.

"GAH!"

He didn't open his eyes until he heard me scream. "O-Oh, sorry (Y/N)." he stuttered, turning slightly red. I think he just got embarrassed.

"Jeez, you scared me!" I bonked his head lightly, "Anyway, are you ok if I treat your legs? The cut looks deep." I said, inspecting his wounded cuts. Now that I know what happened, I see him in a sort of new light.

'He did that for his friends, how kind!'

"Sure, I'm just gonna nap."

"Alright!"

As I finished the first leg and started the second one, Nami, Sanji, Vivi, and Usopp were watching.

"So you're a doctor (Y/N)?" Usopp asked.

I looked at Vivi for her to answer for me because I was a little busy.

She nodded and continued for me, "She has basic training in treating physical injuries, but nothing for immune systems for anything like that." The Straw Hats nodded in unison as I finished. I felt a hand grab my waist and suddenly was hit by Luffy, who sent us both tumbling into the mast.

"So you're a doctor (Y/N)?! I need one for my crew! Shishi!"

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm a doctor but..." I stopped, sitting him and me up, so we were both sitting on the deck, "but I can fix physical injuries," I didn't think he would understand so I elaborated, "you know, like cuts and gashes!"