Chapter 85 - Kidnapped: Situation

(A/N): Nah because Hordy makes me genuinely angy)

I wrestled with the chains around my arms, strapping them to my torso as they pinched my skin, making me slightly wince. Neptune was as calm as ever, shocking me, considering how angry he was when he realized Shirahoshi was missing.

Hordy held the microphone and looked into the glowing eyes of the Video Transponder Snail, "Everybody on the Fishman island. Can you hear me? I am the captain of the New Fishman Pirates from the Fishman District, Hordy Jones! There is something I want to tell the citizens of Ryugu Kingdom."

"This country will soon be destroyed. And it will be rebuilt under a new king. Namely, me! The new Fishman Island over which I will rule is going to be strict in discipline. Those of you who hope for friendly relations with humans, get packing and leave this country! Humans are weak and they don't know their place!" Hordy spared me a glance at this, which made my glare intensify, "Instead, we will have new residents from the Fishman District soon. They hate humans and hope to change this island, like us. They're in the same camp as us. I bet you all witnessed how your beloved Queen Otohime died."

King Neptune quietly mumbled her name to himself. That must be Neptune's wife and Shirahoshi's mother...

Hordy had a big grin, "She was so selfless and tried so hard to build a bridge between Fishmen and humans. But who killed her?!

It was a human. If you trust them and meet the halfway in friendship, they'll disappoint you again! Why can't you see it?!" Hordy yelled at the snail's camera, clearly feeling for all Fishmen, then composed himself with a sinister smirk, "Duped by the Neptune Family, you are all heading down the path of death. Their high-sounding dream is just unfeasible. It's a lie that will lead you to perdition. Look at this!"

Sadly, the snail was turned towards King Neptune and I. I looked away, disappointed in my failure being broadcasted, and I'm sure at least one Straw Hat is seeing this.

Hordy walked towards us, "The Great King Neptune got old, like anyone else. There is no Future for Fishman Island is the old guard stays in power." King Neptune was practically growling at Hordy as he walked in front of us. Hordy turned to the Snail, spreading his stance out and threw his arms up, wide into the air, "Citizens of Fishman Island! It's time to say goodbye... to the beings that burden Fishmen! Three hours from now, at Conchcorde Plaza, I'm going to cut these incompetent beings' heads off!" As Hordy said that, he pointed his trident at my head, then at King Neptune's, "The great Pirate Era began when they executed Gold Roger, King of the Pirates. That era saw humans to persecute Fishmen. So this time, I'll start the Great Fishman Era by executing a Celestial Dragon and a King, where Fishmen will dominate humans!"

I mentally groaned at being celled that, bringing not-so-good memories of my mother at Impel down and Sabaody.

"As you may know by now, I'm at the Ryugu Palace as I speak. And we found something good," Hordy looked at me with a crazed look as one Fishman took his trident and another handed him a piece of paper, as he turned back towards the Snail, "It's a letter from the Celestial Dragons to Queen Otohime 10 years ago... at the risk of her life!"

'This isn't going to go well for me...'

"And... in this big box..." Hordy was pausing so much, because I caught him snickering, and trying to hide it, "...are the signatures from the majority in this country. I couldn't believe my eyes!" He took a handful out, scrunching them and throwing them on the ground, pressing his foot into it, "There are so many fools who want to befriend humans! Those of you who have signed your name would oppose my new Kingdom. So this is actually..." He chuckled again, "...a list of traitors! No more stepping on her picture. It would be easy to pretend you don't mind. But these signatures will tell me who is my enemy and who is not. It's hard evidence!"