Chapter 99 - An Old Friend: Swapped

HINT*Who it is [Who it looks like]

EX: Nami[Franky] or Chopper[Sanji]

Also, you can't convince me. Traffy is better then Trao-guy.

"I can't believe we did all of that for a couple;e of coats," I groaned, holding my knees to my chest, feeling satisfied with the warmth of the coat. A large explosion went off in the distance, but I couldn't tell how big it was because we were off the ground.

"It can't be helped. We needed to get there, somehow." Robin smiled at me, and my eyes widened.

"I guess so, but I still feel a little bad," I said, looking to the Boss, and Robin pat my back.

Luffy had convinced- more like threatened- this "Boss" guy to give us a ride to the base of operation. The Boss was an Alligator Centaur, so he had lots of room on his back, considering he was just barely smaller than a giant.

"That noise sure was loud, huh?" Luffy asked, "I bet it was Sanji." Luffy had grabbed the man he said he would, with a red and white striped jacket going past his knees, all the way to his ankles. It's more appropriate to call them parkas.

We were sitting in a circle on the man's back. I was sitting with Robin to my left, and Zoro to my right, with my back facing the side. Robin had Brook on her left, and Zoro had Usopp on his right.

Speaking of which, Zoro and Robin got the coats they pointed out as well. Robin had a long pink and purple spotted parka on, and Zoro had a fuzzy light brown one. Brook grabbed a green and lime green striped one, which I don't see the point of since he's a skeleton, and Usopp had a navy blue one, similar to mine, with lighter blue stripes down each side. 

I had a navy blue one, since there were only two girls in that group, and the two people Robin trapped were the girls. It had a navy blue cover, but the inside was fluffy and a light gray, making it incredibly warm. It went down all the way to my ankles. I'm assuming these were made bigger for the centaur people, to cover their bodies which aren't covered with fur, which made them extra long for us.

"Hey, Crocotaur. You still don't wanna tell me where the rest of my crew is at?" Luffy asked, sitting on the man's shoulders.

"Keep dreaming," The Centaur said, panting, "But you're not gonna get a word out of me, alright?"

"Fine then! But can't you run faster at least? My friends could be in real trouble right now. We gotta get to that big building before someone gets hurt!"

"Like me? Or my crew you robbed?" The man panted, "You're nothing but a bunch of thugs. And now you gotta humiliate me like this?"

"You're just crying 'cause you got your ass beat," Zoro said, and I turned my head to him, " Don't pin this on us. You're the one who attacked! Man up, Man-o-dile. Croco-man. Whatever..."

"Brook, you don't even have skin. You're sitting there shivering, but you can't be cold, right?" Usopp asked, as he was sitting next to Brook, "Did you just steal that coat because you wanted to fit in?"

"...What if I did?" Brook asked, sounding guilty. He threw his arms in the air, "Is it so wrong to want to share in the suffering of my friends? "Cold" is a state of mind, after all. You don't need real skin for that!"

"We've been able to keep ourselves warm, but I fear the others might not be so fortunate. If they get frostbite, they could lose any number of limbs," Robin spoke up.

"That's enough! Just spare us of your gruesome concerns, alright?" Usopp asked.

"Hopefully, they are temporarily warm inside whatever facility Brook saw," I said, holding my knees closer.