Chapter 44 - Bite of 87 : Life

(A/N - I don't usually care between Sub or Dub, But Robin's line in the video in Dub gave me chills.

Also, um- hello? We went from 6k to 6.8k in a day and a half. Absolutely insane. Thank you guys for liking this story it means a lot

My Thirteenth reason why not.<3)

The two in front of me stepped in, but I hesitated.

"You, too!" The guard behind me said as he pushed me forwards, in between Franky and Robin.

Franky's head was turned to the side and his eyes were closed, as if he was annoyed. Robin was glaring into the room.

Lucci's bird made a noise and then I realized that they were all sitting as if they were waiting for us. It scared me.

"Chapa...papa...pa-ACK" Said the big green-haired sphere of a man, before being clocked in the side of the head by Blueno.

Spanda laughed maniacally and I looked at him. He had a weird face guard on and shaggy purple hair. Though his laugh was intimidating, his looks were not. He was quite ugly, if I'm being honest, and I would say that aloud, no matter how scary the atmosphere is.

"I feel on top of the world!" Spanda yelled across the room as he stood up, "I'm surprised to see that you survived the accident eight years ago, Cutty Flam. And also..." His gaze turned to me, "A World Noble with a bounty?! How absurd!" He started laughing at me.

I scoffed under my breath. I still don't know what a World Noble is exactly, but how they sound and how people speak of them, I will not be referred to as one of them.

"And last but most certainly not least..." Spanda's gaze then shifted to Robin, "The woman whom the world considers dangerous and has been trying to capture, Ncico Robin..."

He laughed, "I'm feeling great! However... Unfortunately, the public doesn't know how truly valuable and great what we've achieved today is." Spanda said, his voice cheery as he came from behind his desk.

"It'll be several years..." His voice got serious, "before it actually comes to be known." He scowled at the three of us.

"In my opinion, the justice those old geezers in the current world government dole out is too..."

'Wow, we agree on-'

"Lenient!"

'Forget it.'

"Goals can't be achieved without sacrifice," A smirk appeared on his face, "We're working in order to ensure peace for all of humanity!" Spanda walked towards us and I noticed Franky open his eyes.

"It's alright if we have to sacrifice some fools in our way to maintain peace..." He said cockily as he reached us, standing only about a foot away.

"... Including that fishman who didn't hand over what we wanted him to... He deserved to be killed!... as a rebel in justice..." Spanda did the finger across his throat gesture and cackled and I knew he was talking about Tom, which I didn't respect, for my Dad and Franky.

"Spanda walked a few steps ahead while calling out 'He did! He did!' and as I was literally about to jump this bitch, Franky spoke.

"You're crazy!" He growled, "Tom-san put his life on the line to protect those blueprints because idiots like you exist!" Franky lunged forward and I decided I would as well.

Franky bit Spanda. Right on the head, and threw his head around like a dog toy. Through the distraction, I came up next to Franky and kicked Spanda.

Though, the only reason I aimed... down there... was because I was in seastone, and my attacks are weaker than they already were.