Chapter 62 - Trip: Jungle?!

'I... I couldn't'

'I-I couldn't help...'

'I couldn't help my family...'

~~~

I had thrown Zoro over my shoulder and started to run. I was panicking, my mind racing.

We had a robot Kuma and an admiral after us. The only person on our side was Rayleigh, but I know we can't win...

...but to hear Luffy, of all of us, tell everyone to run?

I was running with Usopp and Brook, with an almost unconscious Zoro over my shoulder.

Usopp turned and stopped, staring with wide eyes in front of us, and I stopped to see...

'H-HOW IS HE SO FAST?! I WAS LITERALLY LOOKING IN HIS DIRECTION!'

'F-Forget the speed... why is Kuma here?!'

Brook had stopped before me so I was standing almost directly in front of Kuma as he stared straight ahead.

I heard Luffy and the others call our names, but I couldn't.... move... Neither could Usopp or Brook, though I was closer to Kuma.

I was looking into Kuma's eyes, but he seemed distracted at something behind me. When I turned, I noticed the large Kuma-bot lunge at us, or more accurately, Kuma.

I dove out of the way as the man and the clone battled for a bit. As I was watching, Usopp and Brook reminded me of the situation, and we started to run...

When Kuma beat his robot clone, and was now kneeling in front of Rayleigh, who took a break from fighting the Marine Admiral Kizaru to talk.

It was silent, almost as if everyone was trying to hear their conversation. Before I knew it, as Kuma was talking, Rayleigh looked at every one of the Straw Hats individually, landing on me last.

He had a look of sorrow on, now that I could see his face clearly, but it soon turned to frustration as he turned to Kuma and... nodded?

'What's going on...?!'

Usopp came over to me and tugged on my shoulder, and as Brook and I nodded to turn, we stopped, seeing an actual Kuma in our path.

Brook and Usopp took a few steps back, but I couldn't move. I was too scared.

He looked down at me through his shades and I couldn't see his eyes, making him more scary.

Then he asked me the dreadful quiestion...

"If you could go anywhere for vacation, where would you go?" He said, looking down at me.

My breath was stuck in my throat, but I saw no ill intentions in his actions, unlike last time with Perona.

I took a serious breath, and looked at his shades, which was harder to do than I thought.

"S-Somewhere... that I can get stronger in peace..." I mumbled, holding Zoro close.

Kuma looked at me and said, "Very well."

The last thing I saw was Kuma's hand, and as a force of habit, I used three trunks of wood to move Zoro, Usopp, and Brook away before everything faded to...

...blue?

I felt motionless, yet I could tell everything was moving.

I felt asleep, but I clearly wasn't.

I heard nothing, but I could hear everything.

I felt nothing physically, until I landed on my back.

I was stuck in a laying down position, as I saw orange skies and water rush past me, as the sun was starting to set.