Chapter 113 - Victory; Bellamy

(A/N: GUYS. CHAPTER 1 - LABOON: MEET THE STRAW HATS. SANJI SAVED (Y/N) AND VIVI, AS WELL AS LUFFY!!! LUFFY FELL IN  AT THE SAME TIME, AND HE SAVED LUFFY AND (Y/N) AS VIVI SAVED HERSELF. STOP GIVIN ME SHIT ABOUT IT!!!😰)

(ALSO TYSM FOR 300K VIEWS!!!!!!💕💕💕)

(To celebrate the view count, here is an-... interesting... chapter!)

I staggered through the doorway wiping blood from the side of my head as some medics carrying stretchers ran past me. I was absolutely beaten after expending so much energy while fighting. I leaned on a door and held my back. Bellamy surprising me with a punch to the back was probably the thing that hurt the most, although everything hurt pretty bad.

'Now that I think about it, I haven't been this tired since... Thriller Bark, I think... Maybe I have improved.'

I gave myself a small chuckle before tilting my head up to see my captain enter the room, dodging some medics as I left the wall, slowly walking over. I didn't want to show how hurt I was.

"Lucy," I called to him about halfway from him. He turned, as I watched his smile grow from under the helmet, and he ran towards me so we'd meet halfway.

"(Y/N)! You were so cool!" he said, before cutting himself off, "B-But I kinda messed up, so we shouldn't be standing around like this-" he grabbed my hand, and I could tell he was prepared to make a break for it, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw two of the medics holding a stretcher come in.

I looked as well, seeing a tattoo on the arm of the man on the stretcher. Most likely the same arm that put up the hardest fight.

"It's Bellamy..." Luffy said, slightly surprised as the medics kept moving in our direction.

'If he wasn't already hurt, he might have killed me... Guess I should thank the one who hurt him...'

The medics reached us, but before they could pass, Bellamy spoke, "I heard you."

We both faced the stretcher. "You okay?" Luffy asked.

"I can't believe you had the gall to cheer for me back there," he grunted but still tried to speak, "That was so embarrassing. And a lot of good it did," He looked at me for a moment, making me freeze, before throwing his arm over his eyes, "I ain't changed one bit! It's pathetic!"

"You have changed, Bellamy," Luffy said in a serious tone.

Watching Bellamy's face, or what I could see below his arm, his teeth were clenched as if he was going to start yelling, but then he paused as if he had an idea and a smile returned to his face. He removed his arm and turned to Luffy slightly. 

"I've seen you wield your Haki powers. They're stronger than anything I've ever dreamed of." he had a happy tone, before his eyebrows creased, looking in my direction while still holding his smile, "Which really pisses me off" His tone was darker for that, but then he closed his eyes, and rested his head back, "My pride's shattered, but I'll return your compliment."

"You've changed, Straw Hat!"

~~~

"All competitors of Block C report to the arena! Report to the entrance gate immediately!" The announcer called, as we heard it faintly through the loudspeaker.

We had been walking around for a while now, and we had just stopped in a dimly lit space, seemingly another floor where competitors used to wait. However, it looks abandoned.

"Looks like it's that time," Luffy said, turning towards the lighter part of the room, the area we just came in from, "Alright! Let's do it!"

We headed back down a few hallways and emerged into a large group of competitors, the cheering from the arena easier to hear than before. As we entered, Luffy immediately pulled me back into the hallway with my left hand and used it to push me against the wall, his eyes glued to the exit of the hallway. I winced at the impact on my back, the pain from my recent fight with Bellamy still very present, since I hadn't visited the infirmary quite yet.