Chapter 38 - Usopp! : Kidnapped

We decided two things.

Luffy met with us almost immediately after we left, so Nami and him went to see Iceberg.

I told them I wanted to warn the others about Aqua Lagoona, which we heard about in the newspaper about Iceberg.

They agreed and went on their way.

Though, I'm sure the others already know. I wanted to check on Usopp.

I started walking through shopping district, just glancing around, looking for that familiar long nose and comforting eyes.

I was trying to stay on the down low ad thankfully, so far no one has recognized me.

I started to think about Robin.

'As I thought earlier, there is no way she would do this voluntarily, but then who would have her shoot the beloved mayor?'

'If the marines had her, they wouldn't do that. They cherish this town, and eventually it would have been revealed that they planned the murder, so why?'

I rubbed my temples as I adjusted my bag

'My brain hurts now...'

I continued walking even so. I peeked into a bar, just to skim the room and see if Usopp was in there, and I saw Franky and the old lady from the lighthouse.

I immediately turned on my toes and headed the other way.

People were starting to evacuate for the storm and after some time, I was one of the only ones on the street.

I continued to look through alleys and turns until I thankfully saw a familiar mop of hair.

I picked up my speed to see...

"Usopp!" I cheered as I ran over to him.

He was walking around with a large bag and a giant bundle of wood.

Once I reached him, I took the back of the bundle of planks. When he turned around noticing the difference in weight, I smiled.

"Hey, Usopp!"

He was looking at me kind of funny before asking, "(Y/N)? Why are you here? I'm not a part of your crew anymore."

I deadpanned, "Usopp, just because we aren't crewmates, doesn't mean we aren't friends. Dumbass" I hit him lightly on the head and continued rambling.

When I said that, he looked a little teary eyes, but then brushed it off and smiled.

As we walked, told him about what he had missed, but not in very great detail. I was getting tired and not really thinking straight. Not super tired, but tired enough to want to rest.

When we got back to the Merry, Usopp sat on the railing near the masthead and I sat next to him. I ate something earlier, so I was hungry, but Usopp hadn't eaten since yesterdays lunch. So I didn't bother him about food.

"Y'know, Usopp, I can make almost any kind of wood I've touched. I could've made you wood and you could've spared your money."

"Really? That's cool! I didn't know you could do that!" He beamed as he ate his rice balls.

"Also, You might not want to stay on the Merry for Aqua Laguna."

His features seemed to turn down, "Why not? It's just a storm?" He took another bite.

"Apparently this one's really a bitch. That's why everyone was boarding up their windows and closing their shops." I said, tired. I'm not the one to cuss, I must be tired and not thinking completely straight.