Chapter 22 - Rebellion! : I WANNA GO HOME!

(Recap)

The 4 before Eneru pointed their weapons at him, "That means you die!" They all said, simultaneously. I quickly yanked Nami back down and hid again, just in case. I peeked my eyes out and told her about what I'm thinking. That my wood can be used to protect them. She nodded but told me to wait for a bit and I nodded.

Eneru just laughed at their antics, but in a deep, almost angry chuckle.

"How Insolent!"

He laughed then smirked at the four before him, "You expect me to die? Listen to yourselves." He scoffed in a mocking tone.

He laughed as they were dead set on killing this man. I could hear Nami's breath stifle as she heard the conversation happening mere meters away from us. I was trying to think of a plan to get us out unnoticed until I heard someone speak again, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Dangerous... that guy's dangerous!" Nami shivered out a whisper from next to me.

"Definitely. He's a Logia type. Of lightning." I responded to her in the same volume. She looked at me and I continued. He was talking so he might not be using his Mantra on us, "Don't say this too loud whenever he's near, but my wood can combat his lightning to a certain degree. At most, I can protect us."

She nodded, some weight being pulled off of her shoulder as we both turned our attention to the stare-off near us.

"However, it seems you don't realize who you're talking to." His grip tightened on his spear. I looked to Nami, asking with my hand gestures if I should be ready to use my powers. She hesitated for a second, then nodded her head.

I peeked over the wall so I could look at the group before us. I had touched the ground near them multiple times, dodging ruins and debris. My power will work, I'm just wondering if I'm fast enough. Then I got an idea. If I stay hidden, and am able to somehow tough Eneru's real form anytime along this battle, I may be able to grow something of a trap around him. I know a Logia could go through a single branch, but lightning cannot go through wood. If I made a sort of sphere around him, he wouldn't be able to get through it. That is, If I'm fast enough to touch his real body. His mantra will make it difficult-

My thoughts left me as I heard Nami mutter next to me. I went back to the one-sided conversation the proclaimed God was having with Gan Fall. His plan was to leave the sky islands and return to 'god's rightful home'.

"People call that place 'Endless Vearth'." And by people, he meant the Sky people. Eneru's end goal is to find endless land. Which is technically impossible since our world (of what we know) is all islands, but an abundance of them.

As he explained this Endless Vearth, his facial expression got more and more crazed. He was starting to look more like a smiling psychopath rather than a God, "The Endless Vearth is a land befitting for me!" His voice boomed so loud, I'm sure even Luffy heard him from inside the snake.

Eneru went on about how Upper Yard was an unnatural existence, and that he was going to get rid of it. Though we don't know how, even a toddler would know that his methods of removing the sky island will not be pretty.

"Don't be fooled, Eneru! God is just a term for a ruler of this nation!" Gan Fall barked, violence oozing from his words.

"Yea, up 'til now anyway..." Eneru truly seemed like he didn't care about the lives of these people. It makes me sick. Eneru explained to Gan Fall that he killed his 650 subordinates. 

He was trying to rile him up. To get someone angry enough to attack and pick off one, so that there'd be the proclaimed 6 left. Sadly, his tactic worked, and Gan Fall went charging at Eneru.