Chapter 110 - Suit Up!: Rebecca

[A/N: I'm getting braces soon. Because my front teeth overlap the other front tooth, It's been obvious and my biggest insecurity besides my weight, so I'm rlly excited.

Also, my sister drew the SLUTTIEST picture of Kori, an og character from Chapter 95- Film Z! and it's got me feelin' some typa way ;) ]

"Woah-ho-ho!" I heard a familiar voice down the hall, clearly finding something.

I ran to that door and skidded to a stop in front of it, I too gawking at what was inside.

"(Y/N), look! Swords! And armor! And shields!" Luffy pointed out all of the items.

"This is cool," I said aloud, still keeping my voice down since there were a few gladiators in here.

"My head's about to explode! You mean we can use whatever we want?!" Luffy gawked, his smile becoming infectious.

"Choose anything except projectile weapons." A female worker said, startling me. I didn't know she was here...

Luffy looked around the armor, but I went straight to the back. There were weapons on the left and right walls, but in the back was a large cement statue of a man, from his waist up.

"A half-naked statue of an ancient warrior dude!" Luffy gawked from behind me, and I held in my laugh, "Kick ass! Can I have that?"

"...afraid not." the worker responded.

I glanced down, ignoring the newfound clicking noise echoing through the hallway, and read the base of the statue.

'Kyros: King of the Gladiators Pancratium. This man was a legend. The greatest gladiator in the history of Corrida Colosseum, Kyros-'

Luffy pulled me by the hand towards the armor, and slammed a helmet onto my head, "I'm gonna wear this one, so you should wear... this one!" he said, the shield of the helmet clinking shut over my eyes, "Hehe! It looks like that old man's!"

He kept searching, as I heard the rummaging of iron and steel, "It's cool, but I'm gonna find a cooler one!" he spoke to himself, meaning mine.

I tilted the eye shield up and glanced at the statue now behind me on the right.

His helmet, exactly like mine, now that I was looking, had two squares stretched from the cheeks, connected to the side of the helmet. The helmet covered my forehead, a gold piece also reaching to shield my nose. As well, it had four horns in total, two where they would be normally, and two parallel to the pieces covering my cheeks, on the side of my head. As well, it had a strange looking mohawk made of feathers of some sort, though looking to be very tame, almost as if it was plastic.

I took mine off and examined it. It was gold and the feather-like things in the back were blue. I'm sure the Kyros' guy's was red since it is a traditional color for gladiators, but I kind of like the blue. A calming tone, pretty similar to my dress, and it won't stick out, compared to a vibrant red.

I put it back on, the eye shield popping out once more, making me realize it was hidden under the forehead of the helmet.

'It'd be better for us to wear helmets. With our shades, now no one can tell who we are.'

As I thought about this, I found a cape the same color as my dress and the helmet, and wrapped it around my neck, clicking the beautiful gold pieces together in the front, being very elegant, considering it was made for battle.

I glanced at Luffy, who gave me a thumbs up in his layers upon layers of armor, barely being able to move. Not to mention he was holding the biggest sword on the wall.