Chapter 112 - Battle; King Punch!

(A/N: Hello! A friend of mine has started a one-piece fanfic, and I would appreciate it if everyone went over and gave it some love! XxTransArmourxX wrote it, so please check it out!

Also, sorry for not posting in a while D: )

"Huh.. that's strange... Where's (Y/N)?" Luffy said, looking around the arena from an empty window, "The match is starting. Did she get lost?"

~~~

I ran to the entrance of the competitors, following the last one through, and being checked off by the man standing guard.

As I walked in, all of the competitors were standing in complete silence, waiting for the workers to find a few missing contestants, as the sun beat down upon us.

Sadly, as I was late to join the party, somehow I was standing near the middle of the circle, enemies on all sides.

As we were waiting for the last contestants, I did a once-over, trying to think of a plan.

'These guys are ruthless, and I have to be just as cold-blooded...'

I started bringing back memories from my days at Baroque Works, remembering how some of my colleagues ended others' lives, heartlessly.

It made me sad to think about it, but it's either them or me.

'So, I have only a sword on me, as well as a helmet and cape....a-and...'

Looking down at my equipment, my heart sank, as I remembered what exactly I was wearing.

'I'M IN MY DRESS!'

I cried internally, panicking as my thoughts became frazzled.

'I-I could take it off... Kin'emon said our normal clothes should appear. But what if they don't?! What if he was just being a pervert?! Plus, It would draw too much attention, and I might be considered cheating!'

More thoughts came through as I glanced at the contestants, desperately trying to hide my nervousness.

'Maybe I can do it when the fighting happens, so no one notices... If I find a way to do that at the beginning, I should be in my old Baroque Works uniform, and I haven't worn that since- well, Baroque Works. No one should recognize me-'

'O-Oh, right...'

I gently pushed the eye guard down over my eyes. It calmed me down slightly, knowing that only my mouth was visible, so my enemies couldn't tell what I was thinking. Since it was only a guard, there were slits in the mask, so the wearer could still see. 

'Now no one will recognize me, whether I take the dress off or not-'

'Recognize-! WAIT! I can't use my devil fruit! This stadium is packed full, there's bound to be someone who recognizes it-'

I calmed down a little, taking a deep breath.

'Not to mention, there was a rumor of the Don Quixote Family being present. They'll recognize it for sure. Especially if Doflamingo has a plan already in action-'

"They've found one of the missing competitors!" The announcer said, and I turned to see him, now trying to think of another plan with as low a risk as possible, "This one is going to make a big splash in Block B!"

I watched the missing man as he leisurely strolled down the bridge, which would soon disappear, his hands in his pockets, confidence oozing from his aura. As if he's already won, or just done something good.