CHAPTER 39

Happy Reading People
🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

Mahir's POV

It felt like someone was hammering on my head. The pain was immense and all I wanted was the life inside me to leave my body.
Eyelids were sticking to my eyes and the insides were burning.. what have I done to myself?

I heard the door knob clicking and fade footsteps nearing me.

"Mahir bhai.."  "Mahir" the voices belonged to Yuvi and Vikrant.. I had my eyes still closed but felt like hanging.. may be they carried me up to the bed.

" Yuvi pani chirko.." must be Vikrant's worst idea.

And in no moment I got some splashes of water.. with a lot of difficulty I opened my eyes and the lights almost made me blind.

I covered my face protecting my eyes when I felt them settling beside me.

" What's wrong with you bhai..? Yeh kya halat bana rakhi hai apne? Kyu app khudki life barbaad karne pe tule huye ho?"  Yuvi asked frustrated when Vikrant eyed him to calm down.

" Bela.. mujhe usey dhundna hai.."  I said in a monotonous tone.

" Aise dhundega tu Bela ko? Aise? Sara fin khudko nashe me dubake bina hosh ke kaise dhundega tu usko? Aur socha hai jab woh milegi aur usey pata lagega ki uske jane ke baad tune kaisi gandi adate lagayi hai tab usko kitna bura lagega.. woh kitna gussa karegi?" He asked or more precisely scolded me when I looked at him..

He's right.. she'll be angry on me.. and her anger I tell you... She won't vent it out but will stop talking to me.. she won't show her face then shutting herself in her room.. she won't be active not will she recieve any of my calls..
No no no! I can't afford that.. already she's hurt because of that mistake of mine... And now..when I'll get her back after 8 long months I can't afford her anger.

" You are right Vikrant.. Bela bohot gussa karegi.. I have to stop all this.." I said getting up as they helped to stand on my feet.

" Exactly... Now freshen up and get ready.. we are having a meeting with the foreign deligates.." said Vikrant and i nodded moving towards my cupboard.

I took out a black suit for me and grabbing my towel marched towards the bathroom.

I stood under the shower after switching it on and stood leaning to the tiles with my arms crossed over my chest and eyes closed drowning myself to the memory lane.

Flashback

I was in the washroom just about to take shower when I heard the most soulful voice which I can hear for hours without any break.

"Mahir ji? Mahir ji kaha ho app?" I heard Bela calling my name and decided to call her inside as I wasn't in the shower till now.

"I'm in the bathroom Bela come in.." I said only to hear a faded ok.

" Kya baat hai Bela?" I asked as soon as she walked in looking here and there.. the moment her eyes fell on me she immediately turned back covering her eyes.