Chapter 2~ musician, huh?

"What you talking about?" I sat down at the table where Madison and Harper were sat as they both went silent. It wasn't the comfortable silence I sometimes came back to but the tense silence where I could see the annoyed look on both of their faces.

"Really? The first day I'm back out and you two have had an argument already? I haven't even took a sip of my drink yet!" I rolled my eyes. By now I was used to them arguing. It happened often about stuff that I would usually just brush off after a few minutes but no, their arguments lasted forever.

"You two can sort out your pettiness, I'm going to get a blueberry muffin." I smiled to myself standing up and making my way over to the short queue that stood in front of the counter.

I waited patiently in the queue on my phone, like I usually do. I looked over at the girls to see them both still arguing but stopped as soon as they noticed me. That's when I caught on.

'Are they seriously arguing about me?' I thought to myself, rolling my eyes. I now knew exactly what their argument was, meaning I was going to get myself another drink and sit on a table by myself. It was more peaceful that way.

I was eventually at the front of the queue and sighed in relief. "What can I get for you today?" The woman smiled at me as I stepped forward.

"Can I just have a medium iced latte and a blueberry muffin please?" I smiled back at her, my foot tapping impatiently without me realising.

"Of course, would that be all for today miss?" She spoke after looking up from her cash register.

"Yes, thank you." I replied already knowing the price and collecting it out of my bag.

"That would be £4.50 then please and can I take a name for that?" She had her pen at the ready.

"Of course, there you go and the name would be Mackenzie." I handed her the cash and watched as she wrote my name down on the plastic cup.

"If you would like to wait over there, it shouldn't take too long." She gently smiled at me, handing me my blueberry muffin and my receipt.

I didn't have to wait long but the more I waited the more I wanted to go home. I was enjoying being out at first but when the girls started to argue it ruined it entirely.

However I knew I wouldn't be able to leave because as soon as I tried Madison would notice. She always does.

"Iced latte for Mackenzie!" Finally. I grabbed my drink and went to sit on a small table for two on the opposite side of the cafe than the girls.

It was quite peaceful but it didn't make me want to go home any less than before. I knew it wouldn't be easy to get over but I also knew I had to at some point.

"Are you waiting for someone miss?" I heard an unfamiliar voice speak. I looked up to see a tall, brunette guy smiling down at me.

"Urmm... no, my friends are over there." I pointed towards Madison and Harper who weren't arguing any more. Well, they weren't speaking at all any more.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked politely. I weren't one for speaking to strangers at all but I was also too nice to say no.

"Yeah, of course!" I smiled at him. I actually didn't really mind, he seemed nice. I took one more glance over to the girls who were back to arguing and rolled my eyes deciding to focus on the boy in front of me instead.

"So why aren't you sitting with your friends?" He questioned in pure curiosity.

"They're arguing. I don't like being in the middle of it so I sat over here instead." I saw a look of realisation spread across his face, like he understood the situation or had been through it himself.

"Fair enough." He laughed slightly taking a sip from the cup in his hand. If I'm honest, he was quite cute.

"If you don't mind me asking, what's your name?" I asked trying not to sound weird or creepy. To me, first impressions meant a lot.

"No of course not, my names Wilbur." He smiled again. He calmed me, I don't know how because the only thing I know about him is that his name is Wilbur but there's something about him that's just made me feel... relaxed.

"Nice to meet you Wilbur, I'm Mackenzie." I replied, letting out a breath I didn't realise I was holding in.

"I like that name, Mackenzie." he complemented looking at me. Not in a romantic way but more a friendly way.

"Thank you. My dad chose it." I frowned slightly at the memory of my parents. It had been 5 years since the car crash but it still did upset me. I was only 16.

It went silent for a bit as we both drank our drinks. It was a nice silence though, a comfortable silence.

"So Wilbur, tell me a bit about yourself!" I propped myself up in my chair, having a wave of happiness shoot through me. It was then I realised how much I missed that feeling.

"Well urmm there's not a lot to know really." He went slightly nervous causing me to let out a soft chuckle.

"Well tell me what there is to know then." He shook his head amusingly but let out a slight nod in agreement.

"Ok then. I'm a musician, I write and sing music. I like to play Minecraft sometimes, I actually live in Brighton and I'm an amazing dancer!" He listed, saying the last one in a more sarcastic tone.

"A musician, huh?" I raised an eye brow. I liked music, a lot. It was sort of like a coping method for me, so knowing that he can sing interested me.

"Yeah, I could play for you sometime if you'd like. I would now but I don't have my guitar." He chuckled at my comment.

"I'd love to but didn't you say you live in Brighton?" I frowned a bit, knowing he might not be in London for much longer.

"Yeah I do but I'm here for the next month so I'm not going anywhere quite yet" I laughed and smiled at him again.

"In that case, I can't wait!" We both laughed before Madison walked over, looking a bit calmer.

"You ready Kenz? We're going." I rolled my eyes realising that the happiness just left me as soon as Wilbur and I were interrupted.

"Yeah okay, give me a minute." I spoke before turning back to Wilbur who still sat in front of me.

"Sorry about having to leave so soon." I apologised, the sound of guilt in my voice. I really didn't want to leave him so early but I came here with the girls so it's only right if I leave with them too.

"Don't worry about it honestly. Could I possibly get your number? You know, I don't want it to be the last time we see each other."

"Yeah of course urmm I have a pen, here." I picked up his cup which was now half empty and wrote my number down on the side of it. I saw his smile grow from the corner of my eye.

"Thank you." He smiled up at me as I was now standing. I slightly nodded at him before being rushed out by Harper. Great, I was now going to be given a lecture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1285