Chapter 13~ too convincing

I sat on my sofa, still crying whilst I waited for Madison to arrive. As soon as I heard a knock on my door, I jumped from my seat and ran to open the door.

I opened the door to see Madison stood there with a sad smile spread across her face. I shook my head as she dropped her bags beside the door and wrapped her arms around me in a comforting hug.

"I can't cope with this Mads, I have nothing anymore!" I cried harder into her shoulder as she gently rubbed my back.

"Of course you do! You have me, Wilbur, dance and so much more! I mean who needs a traitor like Harper?" She nudged me slightly as we made our way towards the sofa.

"I know but, it still hurts." My tears slowed down a bit. She nodded whispering the words 'I know' repeatedly to me.

"Do you wanna do something? I mean I'm staying the night, and that's not up for a debate!" She informed. I just laughed lightly at her causing her to laugh with me. She always had a way of cheering me up.

"I'm not moving from here." I spoke, making sure she wouldn't be able to drag me off the sofa anytime soon.

"Oh yes you are!" She tried pulling me up but failed miserably. She frowned at me but I still didn't even budge.

"Oh no I'm not!" I spoke back as she sighed tirelessly. I laughed at her reaction as she tried again but didn't make any improvement from the first attempt she took.

"Where's your phone?" She gave me an evil smirk. I just looked at her with a worried expression, answering her question with a slow voice.

"On the coffee table behind you, why?" She smirked even more, picking it up and using the finger print I had let her have to get into my phone. I didn't know what she was doing or intending to do but I just watched, kind of worried.

"Urmm... what are you doing?" I stood up slowly but it was too late. I heard the ring tone of my phone as she pressed the speaker button on my phone.

I looked worried as the ring tone rang a few times. Did I even want to know who she was ringing? My thoughts soon came to an end when I heard a familiar voice come from the speakers of my phone.

"Hello!" Wilbur spoke as my eyes went wide. Madison grinned at me as she began to speak to Wilbur herself.

"Hello Wilbur! I need your help." She spoke. I let out a dramatic sigh, falling back into the sofa in defeat. She was really on the phone to Wilbur.

"Madison? What's wrong?" His voice answered, covered in confusion. I threw my head back in embarrassment as Madison sat down on my coffee table.

"Mackenzies been crying again and is refusing to move from the sofa." She explained to him. My head shot up, I hadn't told Wilbur I was upset but I guess there was no harm in him knowing at this point.

"Before I help you, why was she crying?" I could hear the concern in his voice causing me to smile slightly, knowing her really did care was soothing to me.

"Oh right, she had a conversation with Harper over text." she said in a sort of obvious tone.

"Ahh okay! Put her on then!" He instructed, Madison smiled mischievously at me as she handed me the phone. I glared at her and took it, turning off the speaker.

"Hello?" I sighed with a tone of dread in my voice. I knew how convincing he could be with me which at this moment, wasn't good.

"Mackenzie... why aren't you moving from the sofa?" He asked. I let out another sigh which I knew he could hear before answering him.

"Because I don't want to. I'm fine!" I put on a fake smile even though I knew he couldn't see me.

"You're not fine. Get up and do something. You don't have to go out just let Madison help you." He advised. I wasn't gonna argue with him because I knew he would end up winning anyway.

"Fine, I'll do something but don't expect full energy from me tomorrow!" I warned him as he just chucked down the phone.

"If you say so Kenz, see you tomorrow." He laughed causing me to laugh with him.

"See you tomorrow Will." I answered before hanging up the phone and glaring at Madison as I stood up. "How about we bake some cookies?" I smile, actually getting a little excited by the thought.

"YES MACKENZIE! YOU'RE THE BEST!" She screamed and ran into my kitchen, already getting out every ingredient from my cupboards and drawers.

"Thanks Mads!" I chuckled to myself and followed her into the kitchen.

After a few hours, we had finished the cookies and they had just finished baking. Me and Madison being ourselves, didn't care about how hot they still were and began to taste test them the minute they hit the kitchen top. Yes, they were hot.

"These are by far the best cookies we've ever made!" I stood covered in flour from the both of us messing around, but I didn't care.

"Oh, definitely!" She agreed with me, also covered in flour as she threw the rest of the freshly baked cookie into her mouth.

I took my phone from the side, taking a picture of the cookies and then a selfie of the both of us. I smiled at each of the photos and then posted them on my story, making sure to tag Madison in both of them.

"Thanks for this Mads" I smiled at her, truly grateful. I missed being so happy.

"Oh, it's nothing!" She rolled her eyes sarcastically before beginning to laugh and pulling me into a long, tight hug.

Just then, we were interrupted by my phone vibrating beside us. We both looked at each other, confused, until we saw the notification.

Snapchat: Wilbur🎶 is typing
Snapchat: Wilbur🎶

I pressed on the notification bar, sending me right to Snapchat.

Wilbur🎶

Wilbur
| there better be some of them cookies left for me | tomorrow Miss Hudson!

Me
| I'll make sure of it, Mr Soot :)

Wilbur
| haha thanks Kenz 😂

Me
| lol no problem Will 😂

Both me and Madison laughed at the short conversation, before wrapping up some cookies and putting them into a small container. We took the rest of them for ourselves and began to binge watch our favourite show for the rest of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1104