Chapter 42~ as she should

We had been walking around for about another hour now and it was only 10 o'clock. We still had to stay in this stupid place for another 2 hours.

"I have an idea to pass time!" Tommy looked at all of us as we stood in the pitch black playground.

"What is it, Tommy?" Phil laughed slightly at Tommys sudden excitement.

"We should go to a different building each. In pairs though!" He made sure to make his last three words as clear as possible.

"Why, exactly?" Ranboo chuckled slightly at the idea.

"I don't know. It'll be fun." The group looked around at each other before agreeing and deciding to go through with Tommys suggestion.

"What pairs shall we go in?" Tubbo asked, non of us really answered, instead just looked at each other, waiting for someone else to answer. "Okay, well I'm guessing Mackenzie will want to go with Will, and if Tommy can't go with Will, he'll want to go with Phil." Tubbo reasoned.

"Sounds about right, so you'll go with Ranboo?" Phil agreed, Tubbo nodding as an answer to his question.

"Great! Who wants to go where?" Wilbur questioned. It was actually a very expensive private school so there were a lot of unnecessary buildings around the grounds.

"We'll take the sports building." Ranboo answered, sounding quite excited with his decision.

"Right, we'll take the cafeteria building." Tommy spoke afterwards, Wilbur then looking down to me.

"You want to go back into the main building or to the staff building?" My answer came immediately with no hesitation.

"The staff building." He nodded down at me before looking back at everyone else.

"Great! If we head off now, and we'll meet back here once your pair is ready to leave?" Everybody agreed and after wishing everyone else a good luck, we headed off to our chosen buildings.

"Are you gonna be alright?" Wilbur wrapped one arm reassuringly around my waist, catching my attention.

"Yeah, I've got you!" I chuckled, looking up to him as he smiled back.

"Hey, urmm, I know it's random but what ever happened to Harper? I remember her texting you and everything but what about after that?" He asked. I thought for a second, remembering how I never really mentioned what had happened to her.

"She got sentenced to life in prison. The sentence wouldn't have been so bad if Noah survived, but due to his death, all of them have life in prison." I explained.

"Right. As she should." I smiled at his reply as we approached the doors to the staff building. "Let me know as soon as you want to leave, yeah?"

"I guess." I tried not to sound too nervous. He pushed open the door as we stepped inside, the cold breeze automatically hitting my face from the second we were there.

We slowly walked down the halls before Wilbur pulled us into the lounge room. "There's not one clean seat in here, if you think I'm sitting down you're crazy." I looked up at him stubbornly.

"Oh come on, it's not that bad." He looked around, wiping some dust off of a coffee table.

"Not that bad? Are we in the same room, Will?" He chuckled slightly at my comment, turning back to face me.

"If you're certain then." Wilbur dusted off one of the chairs with his sleeve and sat down. I looked at him wide eyed before going to walk past him to an old tv.

I began wondering around looking at the old equipment, it was a way to try and put my mind off the cold draft and dark atmosphere.

I let out a shaky breathe as a shiver ran down my spine from the draft. "Are you alright?" I jumped slightly as Wilbur was now stood behind me.

"Jeez, Will, don't do that." I put a hand to my heart as he just laughed. "I'm sorry, princess." He placed a hand back around my waist, joining me in examining the piles of books.

"What do you think is in these ones?" He asked, pointing at a pile of jet black books with buttons to seal them shut.

"I don't think I want to know." I walked away from the books and out of the door causing a wave of confusion over Wilbur.

"Why'd you walk away from me!?" He quickly caught up with me. I laughed slightly, tucking myself into his side.

"I didn't walk away, I was just worried you would go rummaging through those books." We walked into the next room as he just looked at me amused. "Oh great, the kitchen." I spoke sarcastically.

"We both knew it'd be here somewhere." Wilbur made a point. I didn't move from the door, instead I looked around from that same spot, mainly because the kitchen was even colder than the hallway.

"You not gonna come in?" I shook my head in reply as he gave me a curious look. "Why not?"

"I'm way too cold out here, never mind in there." He smiled at me before beginning to walk around and examine everything.

My head shot towards the end of the hallway as I heard something hit the floor. "Will?" I spoke, not looking back at him. I got no reply. "Wilbur?" I turned to look in his direction but he wasn't there.

I studied the whole room over and over again but he wasn't there. I rushed down the hall in hopes I just hadn't noticed him walk away. "WILL!?" I began to panic when a familiar figure jumped out from the door, causing me to scream in fright.

I heard the familiar laugh as I placed a hand to my heart. "What the fuck, Will!" My breathe was now heavy as he continued to laugh.

"I- I got you s- so bad!" He spoke between laughs. He saw my scared expression and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry, Kenz." He held me in the hug.

"You scared the life out of me." He pulled away but kept a grip on my waist, looking down at me. We just stood there for a while in silence.

That was until another voice spoke. "WILL, KENZIE, ARE YOU IN THERE!?" It was Tommy. We laughed a little to each other before answering him.

"YES, TOMMY, WE'RE COMING OUT NOW!" Wilbur shouted back. He took my hand in his but didn't move. "Thank you for not bailing today, I know this isn't really your thing."

I squeezed his hand slightly and smiled. "Anything as long as I'm with you, Will." He immediately then pulled me into a tight hug, lifting my feet from the ground.

"I'd do anything for you, Mackenzie, you know that?" He placed me back down on the ground and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"ARE YOU STILL ALIVE!?" Tommys voice echoed once again.

"We should, you know-" I gestured to the exit.

"Yeah, yeah." We both began to jog out of the building, back to the others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1072