Chapter 29~ biggest regret

All night I tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. I don't know why because I felt perfectly fine, and I didn't have anything on my mind.

I double tapped my phone to check the time seeing 1:38 shining on the top of my screen. I sighed and picked up my phone, loading onto Snapchat.

I took a picture of the window, showing the sky, and typed the words 'anyone up? Sleep isn't my friend rn 🙄'. I then posted it to my story in hopes someone would text me.

About 5 minutes later, someone did. I rushed to look at my phone and saw:

Snapchat: Wilbur🎶 is typing
Snapchat: Wilbur🎶

Wilbur🎶

Wilbur
| You could've just texted me you know?

Me
| I expected you to be asleep

Wilbur
| That don't matter, I wouldn't have minded you
| calling

Me
| I wouldn't risk waking you up like that

Wilbur
| If you say so, love

Me
| You're never gonna give that up, are you?

Wilbur
| Nope :)

Me
| Didn't think so
| I can't sleep, Will.

Wilbur
| Why not?

Me
| I don't know, I feel fine, it's like my body just
| don't want to relax

Wilbur
| I can sing you to sleep if you'd like?

Me
| Yeah? How'd you expect to do that?

Wilbur
| Call me, dumbass

I laughed to myself before calling Wilbur, which he immediately answered. "Hey." I greeted quietly.

"Hi." He greeted back. "Let me go get my guitar." He spoke before I heard a bunch of shuffling and then silence. A few seconds later, I heard the shuffling again.

"Any ideas for a song, darling?" By now, I didn't bother reacting to the nicknames, but they did still made me flustered every time.

"Save myself? Ed Sheeran." I requested to which he agreed. I waited a couple seconds before hearing him start to sing, as well as playing the guitar.

*song above*

His voice still had the same effect on me as the first time he sang for me. Only this time, he wasn't here with me.

*Wilburs pov*

I sang the lyrics to her requested song as I heard her shuffle a bit. The song slowly came to an end as I heard her soft snores sound through my phones speakers.

A sad smile formed on my face as I pictured her asleep peacefully. Not telling her how I felt at the train station was my biggest regret at the moment.

"Goodnight Mackenzie." I spoke sadly, and when I received no reply, I cut the call. I knew she was asleep, of course.

*Mackenzies pov*

I woke up the next morning to complete silence. It had been a while since I slept in a house alone, someone would always be in the next room.

I picked up my phone to see that it was already 11:00am. I groaned in annoyance but looked back at my phone to see a notification.

1 new message: Tommy😂

I clicked on it to see that it was a video. The cover was Wilbur holding a guitar. A confused look appeared on my face but I pressed the play button to watch it.

It was a video of Wilbur singing 'Lay me down' by Sam Smith. vv

I watched through the video as he just sat playing perfectly and singing the lyrics so deeply it's like he really meant them.

Wilbur looked like he had just being crying in the video, which worried me slightly. However, I was confused on why Tommy had sent it to me.

Tommy😂

Mackenzie✨
Aww, is Will alright?

Tommy😂
Yeah, he's fine, don't worry

Mackenzie✨
Good. Also, as much as I loved watching it, why'd you send it me?

Tommy😂
We believe he's singing about you.

Mackenzie✨
Singing about me? I highly doubt it Tommy but thanks :)

Tommy😂
We knew you wouldn't agree, and no problem Kenzie :)

Mackenzie✨
You were right, I'll talk to you later Tommy

Tommy😂
Talk to you later Mackenzie

I got out of bed and got changed into the clothes I had bought with me, deciding I would get a breakfast sandwich on my way back to Georges.

I pulled up outside and as soon as I got out the car, I heard a loud scream from the house. My eyes widened as I rushed to the door, and knocked.

Almost immediately, Tina answered, looking relieved. "Mackenzie! Please, save me from the boys!" I laughed slightly at her words and walked in the house to see both George and Karl holding Sapnap down whilst trying to force feed him something.

"What the fuck?" I questioned as they all looked over at me. I looked at them all trying to hold back a laugh as Sapnap looked terrified, unlike the other two who looked like this was the best day of their lives.

"Mackenzie, help!" Sapnap begged with hopeful eyes. I finally let out a laugh I was holding back.

"Alright, George, you and Tina set out some bowls, cups and plates on a table in here," George sighed jokingly and walked off into the kitchen along with Tina as I continued.

"Karl, get off Sapnap and both of you go and get your shoes on. We're going to the shop for a bunch of snacks. Hurry up." They both got up and went into the hallway.

"What exactly are we doing this for?" George came back in with a foldable table and placed it in front of the fire place.

"I decided like ten minutes ago on the way here that I'm gonna start YouTube and this was my first idea." I smiled. I know that didn't really answer his question but I didn't mean it to anyway.

"Alright, but that don't quite answer my question." He chuckled slightly and put a cloth over the table as Tina came in with four glasses.

"I know, I didn't want it to." I smirked as he gave me a cautious look. "Karl, Sapnap, are you ready!?" I called out to the hallway, earning two yes' back.

"Great, I'll see you two in, well, I don't know how long. See ya!" I waved bye before leaving the house with Karl and Sapnap. Of course, Karl called shotgun for the front seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1033