Chapter 58~ that i am

"Oi! Don't go to sleep!" Tommy shook me impatiently, and I tried not to let out a laugh. "Will, how do I keep her up?" He turned to Wilbur for advice.

"I don't know, I don't ever try and keep her up." He shrugged, laughing slightly. Tommy let out a frustrated sigh.

"I'm not going to sleep, Tommy." I spoke, amused. His head flipped back around to face me, his expression brightening.

"Good, because today's our last day before we leave, and Phil planned a bunch of surprises!" He spoke, and the reality sunk in. We were leaving Amsterdam tomorrow.

I had already booked mine and Wilburs flight back to London, but it is now that I realised we hadn't told everyone else.

I sat up, looking in Wilburs direction, who's as casually talking to Ranboo. I smeared my throat, hoping to catch his attention, and failed.

"Will?" I spoke as casually as I could. He turned to look at me, a small smile on his face as he did.

"Yeah?" He questioned, but now Ranboos attention was also on me, along with Tommys.

"We leave tomorrow." I smiled back, really hoping that he would receive the message I was trying to send him.

"Yeah, we are." He chuckled slightly, and when I didn't say anything in return, just looking at the man across the other room.

A few seconds passed before realisation dawned on his face. I nodded, my lips tightening in to a straight line. He looked around everyone in the room, and shifted his position.

"Hey, I forgot to mention something." He announced, catching Phil's and Tubbo's attention. They were all listening and I sunk lower into the bed, hoping no one would be upset with him or me.

"I'm not coming back to Brighton tomorrow, I'm going to London with Kenzie." He told them, and it was Tommy who I looked to.

His face was confused and his eyes squinted. Not the reaction I was expecting, but at least it's not a tantrum. "For how long?" The blonde boy asked and Wilbur looked directly to him.

"Only a week. We're both coming back to Brighton after that." He informed them.

"I just need to gather some more things, and I was hoping to see Madison before going to Brighton. I'm sorry." I apologised, which only turned their faces all to confusion.

"Sorry? What for?" Ranboo questioned, and I didn't know how to reply. What was I sorry for? I looked back at Wilbur, who also wore a confused expression.

"I, uh-" I scanned the room before I admitted the truth. "I don't know." I shrugged, falling back on the bed once again.

"Mackenzie, it's fine. It's only a week, and as long as Wilburs happy with it, why should we complain?" Phil made a good point.

"Thank you." I mumbled the reply under my breath, turning so that my face was buried in the soft pillow beneath my head.

"Come on, love." I heard muffled shuffling, before a warm hand came in contact with the small of my back. "Don't over think it, they're fine with it, yeah?" He kissed the back of my head, a smile rising to my face.

"Over thinking is a talent of mine." I joked, my voice muffled by the fabric. "Not one I'm thankful for, but still." A small chuckle escaped everyone's lips. They all were becoming very familiar to me.

"How about you get ready? Maybe have one of your secret conversations with Madison. I'll pretend I don't know." I turned my head so that I could see his face.

"Thank you, Will." I smiled up at him, and he easily returned it.

"No problem, Kenz." He replied. I sighed happily before sitting up and removing myself from the bed. I picked an outfit out of my suitcase and walked into the bathroom.

I held my phone, quickly sending a text to Madison.

Madison❤️‍🔥

Mackenzie❤️
The wait is coming to a close 🫢x

I put my phone down, unfolding the clothes and beginning to change. I was wearing a long sleeved, light blue playsuit with a white belt around the waist.

The shorts were covered in sparkles and the top was plain blue. Each section was separated by the belt. My phone went off and I was quick to pick it up.

Madison❤️‍🔥

Madison❤️‍🔥
I know! I can't wait, honestly x

Mackenzie❤️
I know! Hey, I have a quick question! x

Madison❤️‍🔥
Of course, what is it? x

Mackenzie❤️
Did you manage to get that watch? x

Madison❤️‍🔥
Oh, yeah! I left it in your bedroom at home x

Mackenzie❤️
Thank you so much! x

Madison❤️‍🔥
No problem. I've got to go, I'll speak to you later, bye Kenzie x

Mackenzie❤️
Bye Mads x

I locked my phone and put it back down, picking up the hairbrush. I brushed through my hair and put all of my jewellery on.

I picked my phone back up, leaving the bathroom and back to the others. Wilbur sat on the bed now, a pile of clothes in his lap.

"You ready?" Ranboo noticed me first and I threw my phone onto the bed, picking out a matching pair of white flats.

"That I am." I replied, slipping on the shoes one by one, using the wall beside me as balance support. "The bathrooms free, love." I informed Wilbur.

"Thanks." He smiled, placing a quick kiss on my cheek as he passed me to get into the bathroom.

"How's Madison?" Tubbo grinned and I chuckled as I realised he took notice of mine and Wilburs conversation earlier.

"She's good." I shook my head, amused. "What have you got in mind for today then, Phil?" I asked and his smile turned to a smirk.

"You'll have to wait and see. I'm the leader today, everything is going to be a surprise." I could tell he was doing it on purpose, making sure the sat would be filled with suspense.

"Can you at least confirm if I've dressed appropriately?" I posed dramatically, doing a mocking spin after a couple of seconds. Phil laughed before answering my question.

"I can confirm that your choice of outfit is perfectly fine for the day ahead." He nodded.

"Well, that's fine then." I nodded, the door then opening behind me.

"Bright and early, let's start our day." Wilbur clapped his hands together. I gave him a weird get amused look at his choice of words.

I'm glad to know he was in a funny mood today, it would make today all the more special.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1095