Chapter 48~ no reason

"Are seals your favourite animal then, Kenz?" Ranboo had sat back into his original position.

"No, I like koalas better." I smiled. They all nodded understandingly before all of us laughed slightly at the awkwardness of the conversation.

"How long has he been gone?" Tommy asked as he looked at his phone to check the time. Phil looked around for any sign of Wilbur.

"About ten minutes I would say." He nodded and at that moment Wilbur got back, holding a plain white paper bag. "Where did you go?" I asked as he sat on the other side of me.

"To get you this." He handed me the paper bag. I slowly took it off him, guilt filling me again.

"This is cruel, Will. The only thing I've ever got you is a McDonalds and to this moment, you still spoil me." I held the bag but didn't open it.

"I've told you this before, love. It's a hobby." I shook my head and let out a gentle chuckle, opening the bag. Inside was a fluffy, pink hoodie.

I laughed slightly, turning to him with a smile. "Thank you, Will." I gave him a kiss on the cheek before taking off his jacket. I slipped on the jumper and picked up the jacket again.

"Hold on." Wilburs hands reached the bag of my neck and I felt him rip off the tag. I gave him a thankful smile, wrapping the jacket back around me.

"Hey, did you lot know these two were engaged!?" Tommy spoke. Me and Wilbur looked at each other, holding back a laugh.

"Tommy, what are you going on about?" Phil looked at Tommy like he was going insane. "They've been together for less than 24 hours, they're not engaged."

"No, they are! Look!" Tommy held up my left hand where he thought a ring would be. However, I had swapped it back onto my right hand. "Wait, what?" He looked confused.

"You fell for a lie, didn't you?" Tubbo sounded amused. Tommy sent a glare to the two of us as I jumped from my space on the bench.

"So, to the seals?" I clapped my hands. Ranboo stood up after, nodding in agreement.

"You tricked me!" Tommy sounded offended but I tried to hold back my amusement as I looked down at Wilbur.

"Shall we head over to the seals?" I gave him an excited look, offering my hand for him to take, which he did, followed by his familiar smile.

Once we were at the seals, Tommy finally stopped complaining. "I'll continue later, by the way!" He made sure to remind us.

"Just because you're gullible Tommy. You'll believe anything." I laughed, ruffling his hair as he stood there defeatedly.

"No I'm not! You just confused me, with the ring and everything!" He gestures to my hand that was wrapped under Wilburs.

"Have you not seen that exact ring on my right hand before, Tommy?" I raised my right hand where the ring was.

"No, I don't pay attention to your jewellery. Now I look like the idiot for thinking you were actually engaged." He huffed, folding his arms over his chest with a pout on his face.

"You are the idiot." Wilbur stated, pulling me into his side and wrapping an arm around my waist.

"How dare you! I am not an idiot!" He stomped his foot on the ground. It felt like we were babysitting him if I'm being honest.

"I'm with the love birds on this one, Tom." Tubbo stood beside Tommy. I raised a hand to bight five Tubbo, which he gladly hit it with his own hand.

"That's unfair!" He looked between us in disbelief. Well, we can't go a day without the amusement of Tommys anger.

"He's complaining again." Wilbur smirked as Tommy just stormed off to Phil, Tubbo following him with a laugh. "Well, he'll get over it." Wilbur laughed.

"Yeah, in an hour." I joked as Wilbur looked down at me. I smiled back up at him, a bit confused. "What?" I laughed nervously.

"Nothing." He shook his head, placing a kiss to my hair. "What's your fascination with seals? Are they your favourite?" He looked back to the water where seals were swimming around peacefully.

"No, Koalas are my favourite, but seals are a close second." I spoke before speaking. "Oh my god, no! Penguins! Penguins are my second!" I came into my own defence.

Wilbur laughed slightly before speaking again. "You like penguins better?" He questioned as I just nodded in a comfortable silence. "So why didn't you lead us to the penguins instead?" He chuckled gently.

"I forgot. It's alright, though, we'll still get to see them." I shrugged and I could feel him looking at me again. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I studied myself in confusion.

"No reason, it's just-" he began but was interrupted by a shout from Ranboo.

"Hey, hey over here and have a look at this!" We turned to look at them, and Wilbur took my hand again, making our way over to the others.

"What's up?" I learnt against the top of the glass as Ranboo had a wide smile on his face.

"This one seal keeps jumping out of the water, just wait." He gestures towards the seal, and he was right. Only moment later that exact seal leaped out of the water and straight back into it.

"I didn't know you were so into animals, darling." I looked up to Wilbur, a genuine smile on my face again.

"Of course, they're just fascinating. Is that the right word?" I questioned myself before shaking it off. "Either way, I love them!" I did a little excited jump on the spot.

"I think fascinating is a good word for it. Whether it's the right word or not, it's true. They are all fascinating." I learnt my head onto his arm as he spoke, happy he didn't think I sounded crazy.

"Lions next? I know where they are and they're much cooler than seals!" Tommy came to the other side of Wilbur.

"Oi! Don't diss the seals!" I came to defence of the animals that were swimming in front of us.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" He raised his hands in defence before running in another direction. "To the lions!" He raised a hand up like he was holding a sword.

"You wouldn't think he's 18, would you?" Wilbur playfully rolled his eyes as I just laughed.

"No, you wouldn't." I agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1088