Chapter 20~ so do you

I didn't answer to anything Wilbur said for the rest of the car ride.

Once he parked outside my house, I rushed out of the car, still not saying a word. I ran up the driveway to my door causing Wilbur to get out of the car.

"Mackenzie!" He called out but I didn't answer, nor did I bother shutting the door behind me though. I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom.

I packed a bag quickly but left it on my bed. A couple of minutes later, I heard a quiet knock on my bedroom door before Wilbur entered. "I'm sorry, Kenz." He came and sat by me. I didn't say anything.

"I know I should've told you sooner, but I didn't know how." He reasoned. I looked up at him but still didn't say anything. Instead, I picked up my packed bag and walked out, prepared for another silent car ride, but no.

"I'm not getting in the car until you're speaking to me again Kenz." He stopped me in the living room. I turned around to face him as he gave me a guilty smile.

"I'm not mad at you Will, I'm worried. Since I met you, I've finally been happy again, and I thought I would be prepared for when you left but it turns out I'm not." I answered.

"You'll do great Mackenzie, I know it. Plus, you have Madison!" He smiled, genuinely this time.

*time skip*

The week went by slowly, but I still had one and a half days left to spend with Wilbur which I hoped would go by a lot slower.

"Kenzie!?" I heard Wilbur call from his bedroom. I looked up from my phone and towards his door. No, I still hadn't went home.

"Yeah!?" I called back in which he responded seconds later.

"Come here for a second!" I stood up and threw my phone on the sofa, making my way towards the closed door.

I opened it to see Wilbur sat on the floor, two pairs of shoes in his hands. "Which ones do you prefer?" He asked, I laughed slightly before pointing to one pair.

"The black ones." I walked into the room and sat on his bed. "What'd you need to know that for?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"We're all having like a party sort of thing at George's place tonight as it's most of our last nights. You're coming by the way, if you want to that is." I smiled as he looked back at me.

"Yeah, I'd love to." I nodded as he stood up, outfit in hand.

"Great, you might want to get ready, we're leaving in 20 minutes." I nodded as he left the room and headed into the bathroom to get changed.

Luckily, I had a white, long sleeved, tight dress with me that I could wear with a pair of white flats. It wasn't too much but wasn't too little, so it meant that it didn't seem like I was trying too hard neither did it seem like I was not trying enough.

I quickly got changed into said outfit and put my hair in a simple, half-up-half-down style. I only put on a light layer of makeup with an almost unnoticeable shade of eyeshadow.

I walked out into the living room where Wilbur was sitting on the sofa, scrolling through what looked to be twitter.

"You ready to go Will?" I asked as I slipped the pair of white flats on, using the wall beside me as balance support.

"Yeah, you?" He stood up and smiled at me. I smiled back and nodded as he picked up the car keys from the back of the sofa. "You look great by the way." He complemented.

A light blush rose to my cheeks. "Thanks, so do you." He said a small 'thank you' before we both left the apartment, ready for the last night with everyone. For now, that was.

"How are you feeling about me leaving tomorrow?" Wilbur asked, giving me a sad smile which I returned.

"Sad, nervous, annoyed, worried, the list goes on." I answered, watching out the window as house after house went by.

"Are all the words in that list negative?" He chuckled slightly as I looked away from the window and back at him.

"No, there's one or two positive ones, but they're the ones that I'm being completely selfless with." He laughed once again.

"If it helps, George lives here in London, and I'm sure he won't have any problem hanging out with you a few times. He seemed to enjoy your company when we were at the theme park."

"Wait, George lives in London? I thought you all lived in Brighton?"

"Most of us do, but George don't." Wilbur chuckled, knowing I would at least have one person made me feel a bit less nervous. "Shall we make an agreement for tonight?" He asked.

I looked at him questioningly but agreed. "Sure, I guess."

"As soon as we step one foot into Georges house, we don't talk about tomorrow." I smiled at his words.

"And what if one of the others mention it?"

"Then we say our thoughts and end the conversation there." He informed. I agreed and then spoke again.

"Who's actually going to be there tonight then?" I asked.

"You want me to name everyone, including the people you already know?" I said a small 'yeah' in response.

"In that case, George, of course, Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, Jack, Nikki, Phil, Kristen, Billzo, Freddie and Aimsey are the people you know. The people you don't know are, James, Eret, Fundy and Shelby. Oh, the other members of love joy are also going, there's 3 of them." He listed.

"So a decent amount of people then?" I reasoned, struggling to remember even half of the list Wilbur had just said.

"Yeah, basically." He laughed too as we pulled up outside of an unfamiliar house. I knew it was Georges. I smiled at the thoughts of how the night would go and opened the door, letting myself out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1020