Chapter 40~ ten times worse

We arrived at what I was told was an old haunted school as a man met us at the gate. "Hello, we have a book in from now to midnight, there's six of us." Phil told. The man smiled before replying to us.

"You're the ones who will be vlogging, correct?" he smiled at all of us. I was stood by Tubbo as we were speaking on the way to the front gate.

"That's us." Tommy smiled back. The man lead us onto the grounds and I could feel the dull atmosphere hit. What didn't help is that the weather was just as dull.

It was cold and windy, making this experience ten times worse than I wanted it to be. Due to the wind, I had put my hair up into a pony tail and my jacket was done up.

"Come this way and we'll give you a tour while it's still light." I let out a silent sigh, following at the back of the group as we stopped in the middle of what we were told used to be a playground.

They began to explain about all the spirits that were said to be there and each separate building of the school. Just the thought of it all made my stomach turn in worry.

The others all looked really fascinated in the experience, and although it did seem like something I could enjoy to an extent, I didn't feel any kind of excitement right now.

"I'll start with showing you the main building, follow me." The man who had told us his name was Jonathon lead us into the first building.

I hesitantly followed, still stood at the back of the whole group. Wilbur was at the front of the group, not really scared about any of this experience in the slightest.

The man showed us each classroom one by one, telling us about their subjects and if there's said to be a spirit in them. I jumped as I saw one of the wax figures that had been made to go in the art classroom, not expecting to see any sort of human figure in there.

"For fucks sake." I mumbled, Ranboo turning around as he heard me.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, look." I pointed into the old art classroom, watching amused as Ranboo jumped back in surprise. A quiet chuckle escaped my lips as we carried on down the wide hallway.

I heard a harsh blow of wind behind me, my head shooting back at the noise. There was nothing there, just the ongoing hallway, getting darker and darker as it goes on.

I looked back in front of me, speeding my pace to make sure I didn't loose the group. We eventually got out of the building, Jonathon leading us into a smaller one.

We walked up a path, guiding us from one building to the other. Although we were still in pure daylight, the buildings were dark as all the windows seemed to be blacked out.

I looked around me at the whole school building, a shiver ran down my spine just at the sight of it. My breathe became slow and shaky as I saw into the next building. It was practically pitch black and the only person with a torch was the worker.

"Are you okay, Kenz? You seem off." Tommy came and stood beside me as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine thanks Tommy." I faked a smile as he looked cautiously at me, just by his look I could tell he didn't believe me.

"You can speak to me if you need to, you know?" He assured me. I sent him a grateful smile but still put on a brave face.

"Thank you Tommy, but I'm fine at the minute." He slowly nodded and walked ahead of me.

*Tommys pov*

I walked ahead of Mackenzie and towards Wilbur as we all stopped in front of the building, waiting to be lead inside.

"Will?" I stood beside Wilbur as he turned to look at me.

"Yeah?" I looked back at Mackenzie who was taking in her surroundings and then back at him.

"I think somethings up with Mackenzie. She's acting kinda off." Wilbur looked back at the shorter girl and turned back to me.

"Bring her over here for me? I think I know what's going on already." I agreed and walked back over to Mackenzie, tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

She jumped at the sudden contact, her expression softening as she saw me. "Jeez Tommy, what's up?" She let out a relieved breathe.

"Will wants you. He's over there." I pointed to Wilbur who stood slightly separated from the rest of the group.

"Thanks." Mackenzie smiled before walking away in Wilburs direction.

*Mackenzies pov*

I walked over to Wilbur who was studying the building in front of him. "You wanted me?" I spoke quietly, causing him to turn and face me.

"Tommy said you seem off." I chuckled slightly at the younger boys concern, taking a quick glance at him before turning back to the older boy.

"Yeah, he said that to me, but I'm fine." I forced a smile on my face. It didn't convince Wilbur though.

"Who were you stood by in the main building?" He asked, a confused look raising on my face at his question.

"Urmm, no one? I stood behind you all, why?" I answered, as a look of realisation spread across Wilburs face.

"You were scared in there, weren't you?" A grin appeared on his face as I stopped faking my emotion and stepped forward, resting my forehead against his chest.

"Fucking terrified." I mumbled. He wrapped both his arms around me in a comforting hug.

"Why didn't you come over to me then?" He gently rubbed my back. I sighed, not really having an answer to his question. Why didn't I go over to him?

"I'm beginning to question myself on that." I answered. We both pulled away from each other at the sound of Jonathan's voice, allowing us all to enter the next building. This time, I did stay by Wilbur.

Whilst the sun still shone over the old school building, we got a tour around the inside of the building. Eventually the tour was over and we had to wait till dark for our true experience to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1062