Chapter 17~ we tried

I was still in the bathroom, panicking. A lot more than I thought as well. Eventually, Wilbur had managed to get not only Nikki but also Kristen and Aimsey to come in and check on me.

Even though we had the theme park to ourselves, Wilbur still didn't want to go into the girls bathroom.

Not long before the girls had came in I started having a panic attack. Sometimes, if I overthought too much, that would be the cause. However, even when it started, I hadn't left the bathroom for some reason.

"Mackenzie? Is everything alright?" I heard Nikkis voice. I didn't reply, I physically couldn't. It didn't take long for one of them to notice me though.

Aimsey let out an almost silent gasp as she noticed me, stood up leaning against the corner of the wall in tears. I was stressing, way too much and I knew I didn't have a reason to.

"Mackenzie, calm down for me, yeah?" Kristen tried to help me calm down as the other two stood a small distance in worry. However, nothing any of them did was working.

"Nikki, could you help me take her out to Wilbur, please?" Kristen held my hand to make sure I didn't fall on the way out of the bathroom, even though I was pretty stable, I was violently shaking.

Aimsey ran out before us, so that she could warn everyone that I might need a little space, which panicked Wilbur.

"Wilbur, we've tried to calm her down but she won't." Nikki informed as Wilbur rushed towards the three of us at the sight of me uncontrollably shaking and in tears. They both let me go as I fell into Wilburs arms.

Wilbur didn't say anything, instead he sat us down against a wall, not letting me go in the process. The first thing I heard him say was "call Madison." I knew Tommy had her number just in case, so I guessed he was speaking to him.

"Breathe for me Kenz, slowly." He instructed, rubbing my back slowly and gently in a comforting way. I was still crying, but beginning to catch my breathe again. "That's it, there you go." He whispered soothingly.

I continued to take more and more deep breathes, whilst Wilbur didn't loosen his grip on me whatsoever. "Madison said she won't be able to get here quick enough but she put an inhaler in Kenzies bag last night." Tommy spoke.

Without another word being said everybody looked at Ranboo who was already sprinting towards the table we were eating at. In the matter of seconds, he was back with my inhaler.

"Here." Wilbur handed it to me as I shakily took it off of him. "Use that, yeah? You're okay, I promise." He was still rubbing my back and holding me protectively.

Not long after I had finally managed to get my breathe back and I had stopped crying. "You wanna tell me what caused that?" Wilbur looked down at me, both of us still sat on the floor.

"I urmm..." I looked at Tommy who was giving me a look of guilt. This wasn't Tommys fault, at all. Not even I expected that reaction from myself. I looked back at Wilbur and finished my sentence. "Overthought about the whole Harper, Noah situation, that's all." I answered quietly.

That was one of the only times Wilbur had believed one of my lies. I didn't want to tell him the truth, mainly because I didn't know if it was true myself.

"How about we all finish eating and then get you home?" He offered. I nodded in reply as we all left to sit back at the table.

"I'm so sorry Mackenzie, I didn't mean to put you through that." Is the first thing Tommy whispered to me once he sat back down. I gave him a small side hug to assure him.

"It's not your fault Tommy, I promise." He gave me a sad and guilty smile but I returned a genuine one and then went back to eating.

I was quiet through all the meal and through all the car ride. The only time I spoke to anyone after my panic attack was when I was saying goodbye.

For some reason, Wilbur had dropped both Tommy and George at home first. If I thought right, George was staying at Tommys house until the morning. It wasn't until he was parked outside of my house I realised why.

"Mackenzie, will you be alright alone tonight?" Wilbur asked before I even had a chance to get out of the car or even say goodbye.

"Yeah, Will, I'll be fine." I replied. I didn't know if I actually would be, but I didn't want to panic Wilbur anymore than he already was.

"I don't like the thought of it. What if what happened earlier happens again?" He reasoned. I looked at my feet in thought.

"I'll use my inhaler." I tired to make him feel better. It obviously didn't work as he shook his head and started the car engine again. "Will, what're you doing?" my tone changed to full confusion.

"You're staying at mine tonight. I'll drop you home in the morning." He began to drive off.

"I haven't got anything to sleep in though?" I said but nothing would stop Wilbur from taking me back to his apartment.

"I'll lend you some of my clothes." He didn't take his eyes off the road. I wasn't going to argue with him. It didn't bother me if I stayed at his apartment, I had before.

Once we got to into his apartment, he threw me a hoodie and some bottoms to wear to bed as I just thanked him tiredly.

"I'll sleep on the sofa this time Will, we've both had a long day." I sat on the sofa but Wilbur just shook his head at me.

"You're not sleeping on the sofa Mackenzie." He moved me from the sofa, without hesitation.

"No, Wilbur it's unfair on you!" I complained as he just chuckled lightly, like it didn't matter.

"You're the guest Kenz, you take my bed." I sighed at his answer. I always felt bad when he slept on the sofa, like I was invading his apartment.

"Cant we just share your bed? It is a double bed after all." I spoke, the sound of guilt clear in my voice.

"Are you comfortable with that?" Wilbur looked at me, confused. I smiled at him asking.

"I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't, dumbass." I laughed as he stood up and threw me over his shoulder. He ran to his bedroom and placed me on the bed.

"Don't make me tickle you again Hudson." He spoke warningly. The last thing I wanted, is to be attacked with tickles again.

"No! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" I backed up on the bed as he just laughed.

"I won't, Kenz. Let's get to sleep yeah?" We both agreed and went to sleep, backs facing each other and Wilbur happily being assured of my safety.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1181