Chapter 52~ i really am

*Ranboos pov*

"We've looked everywhere, left her over 100 missed calls between the five of us, and we still haven't found her, Phil." I spoke worriedly to Phil. Wilbur sat on a nearby bench, head in his hands.

My phone buzzed and I quickly took it out of my back pocket.

Kenzie💎

Kenzie💎
Ran, where are you all?

Ranboo👑
Us? Where are you?

Kenzie💎
Trying to find you all, I went to the bathroom

Ranboo👑
Why didn't you answer your phone?

Kenzie💎
Didn't hear it ring. Where are you?

Ranboo👑
You need to call Will

I put my phone back in my pocket and only moments later did Wilburs phone ring.

*Mackenzies pov*

My leg bounced as the phone rang and when it stopped, I perched up in my seat. "Mackenzie, where are you!?" Wilbur sounded desperate and impatient.

"Meet me at the entrance. I'm sorry, I went to the bathroom." My voice was laced with guilt as I spoke, but he didn't seem to be mad at me. I stood up, rushing towards the way that lead to the entrance.

"The bathroom, of course!" I could hear him quietly cursing to himself and the sound of loud footsteps.

"I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to panic you-" I began but he shushed me immediately, not caring for an apology.

"Be at the entrance asap." Was the last thing he said before cutting off the call. I speed walked to the entrance, and as soon as it was in sight I could see Wilbur sitting on a bench table.

I let out a breathe of relief and carried on walking towards them. I saw Phil notice me and say something to Wilbur causing his head to shoot up. I could tell he let out the same breathe of relief I did.

I began jogging as he stood up. Once he was in reach, I slowed down in front of him. He looked at me sadly before pulling me into his chest, snaking his hands around my waist and holding me tight.

"You scared the shit out of me." He whispered in my ear. I relaxed slightly in his embrace, throwing my arms around his neck and digging my face into his chest.

"I'm so sorry, Will." I apologised once again, but this time he didn't bother replying.

"You really know how to scare someone, don't you Kenzie?" Tubbo had a hand to his chest. I pulled away from Wilbur to face them all.

"I'm sorry." I repeated. The guilt built up in me at every panicked look I turned to. "I really am." I sighed. I turned to see Ranboo, sympathy and relief clear in his eyes.

I walked up to him, pulling him into a hug. "You don't need to apologise, Mackenzie." He hugged me back, tapping my back lightly as he did.

"How about we go back to the hotel for a bit? Freshen up and then we'll find somewhere else to go." Phil suggested. I looked between everyone as they were all nodding.

We began to make our way out of the zoo, everyone talking again but I stayed quiet, cuddled into Wilburs side. "What's up, love?" He began rubbing my arm lightly.

"Hmm?" I looked up at him, snapping away from my racing thoughts. "Sorry, I zoned out." I looked ahead of me again.

"I can tell. What're you thinking about?" I didn't want to answer that question. I knew I was overreacting but the guilt I felt was eating me up slowly.

"Oh, nothing." I smiled unconvincingly. He obviously knew I was lying but now I've decided to act dumb.

"Don't lie to me, sweetheart." I looked up at him again, hoping that I'd be able to cut this conversation short. My chances were low, though. "Don't ignore me either." He chuckled.

"I don't want to talk about it." I leant my head on his arm. His grip tightened around me as he let out a gentle breathe. "Can I drive?" I changed the topic.

"If you want to." He kissed the top of my head as we reached the car, letting his arm fall from around me so that we could go to the two opposite sides of the car.

The car ride was like every other one, but I still remained silent, focusing on the road so it would distract me from every thought in my brain. The intense focus broke when I heard the volume of the music rise.

I took a quick glance to Wilbur who was looking behind him at Ranboo. I turned back to the road, realising now that we were only seconds away.

"Sounds good to me. Kenzie?" I took another glance at Wilbur as my name left his mouth. I quickly looked back at the road, turning into the car park.

"Yeah?" I questioned, not knowing in the slightest what the conversation topic actually was.

"Mini golf tonight?" He asked and I just nodded in agreement, not really taking in what he was actually asking. I parked the car, stopped the engine, and unplugged my seatbelt.

I got out of the car after dropping the car keys in Wilburs lap, making my way towards the hotel ahead of everyone else.

I took my phone from my back pocket as it began ringing, holding it up to my ear. "Hey, Madison." Now I just hoped she couldn't hear the exhaustion in my voice.

"Hey, Kenzie! I have a question!" I laughed at her enthusiasm, opening the hotel entrance door and taking my card key from my back pocket. "Are you coming back to London at all before you to Brighton?" She asked.

"Yeah, for about a week, why?" I hadn't told Wilbur that I'm booking a flight back to London yet, but I needed to get more of my things and I wanted to see Madison first.

"Would you like to join me and Isaac when we babysit Oscar and Holly?" Isaac is Madisons boyfriend, and Oscar and Holly are her little cousins. I loved them so much, they are two of the sweetest kids I have ever met.

"I would love to!" I replied enthusiastically. I was going to be a third-wheeling babysitter. That's nothing new.

"You can bring Wilbur if you'd like. I'm sure the twins would love another babysitter." Did I mention Oscar and Holly were twins? Oscar loves Isaac, when we babysit he's practically their child. I'm the one to keep Holly company.

"I'll ask him." I unlocked the hotel door, placing the key card on the table by the door as I got in.

"Great! I'll see you in a few days then, yeah?" I smiled at the thought, spending time with my best friend again.

"Yep!" We said our goodbyes and i hung up the phone, dropping weakly on the bed as I heard the door open again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1147