Chapter 27~ escape place

The morning after a night full of the most random of films, I was woken by the noise of kitchenware clashing together.

I slowly opened my eyes to see the three boys jumping around the room with pots and pans, hitting them against each other.

"What're you doing?" I used a pillow to cover both of my ears, in an attempt to block out the noise. "Shut the fuck up, will you?" I groaned in annoyance.

"Get up!" George shouted. The other two kept making noise. I let out an angry sigh and stood up, taking one of the pans off of Sapnap.

"Well, that's unfair." He laughed as I lay back down on the bed. "In return I'd like you to get up!" He shouted down my ear.

"Alright, alright!" I sat up in my bed and stretched slightly. "Why are you all in such a rush?" I asked as they all sat down somewhere in the room and Tina entered.

"We're going out for the day and then streaming when we get back." I just nodded in agreement before actually processing what they said.

"Wait, you're streaming?" I questioned as they all just nodded. "Urmm, I'm out tonight." I made an excuse. For some reason, I didn't want to join a stream. Tommys vlogs i didn't mind but something about being live with a chat on the screen just made me uncomfortable.

"Out?" George looked confused. I wasn't one of the girls who knew a lot of people, apart from the big group I was always with now. The only other friend I really had was Madison and they all knew that she wasn't available, obviously.

"Yeah, out." I spoke not so convincingly.

"Out where?" Karl challenged my lie. A shaky sigh escaped my mouth as I tried to come up with something.

"I- urmm, I'm going t-" I stuttered over each word, not being able to come up with an excuse.

"You're not going out, you just don't want to join the stream, right? That's fine, you know." Tina spoke.

"You do know, you can still stay here if we stream right?" George offered.

"Yeah, yeah, but I'm gonna stay somewhere else tonight, if you don't mind." I decided as Sapnap spoke up.

"In other words, you're going home for the night?" He asked, but that wasn't my plan at all.

"Not particularly, but don't worry about me. If you all leave I can get ready for this day out you've got planned." With that they all left so that I could get changed.

Whilst looking for something to wear, I decided on Wilburs hoodie. I hadn't actually worn it yet.

The first place we went was a cafe for breakfast. Although I wasn't really hungry. "I'll go and order, what's everyone having?" Tina asked.
Everyone told her what they wanted, except me. "Mackenzie?" She questioned.

"Oh, I'm not hungry, I'll just have an orange juice please." However, no one moved. They all just looked at me. "What?" I asked.

"Kenz, you need to eat." I just shook my head and spoke again.

"I know, I know, I'm not that hungry though. I'll get a pack of biscuits or something after." I assured them. I genuinely meant it, I would get something small after. That was my plan.

My phone began vibrating in my pocket. I already knew what was going on. "Which one of you texted Will?" I sighed.

"That would be me." George grinned. I rolled my eyes and stood up to talk to Will on the phone outside.

"Hey, Will." I sighed as I accepted the call.

"Kenz, why aren't you eating?" He asked. I sat on a nearby wall as I answered his question.

"I am, just nothing from the cafe. I'm not that hungry Will, and I've promised the others I'll get biscuits or something once they've finished."

"Okay, if you're not going to have a proper breakfast, can you at least promise me you'll have a proper lunch?" I smiled at his compromise.

"Yeah, I promise."

"Thank you, and I will be asking George." We both laughed as I agreed.

"I'll talk to you tonight, thanks Will."

"No problem Kenz, talk to you later." With that, we hung up the call and I made my way back inside.

"Nice try George, I'm sticking with the orange juice and biscuits." I spoke as I sat back down at the table.

Once they all finished eating I got a pack of biscuits and we wondered around the shopping centre for a while. Of course, when I saw a primark, I insisted I would be going in, even if I was on my own.

Yeah, they ended up coming in with me. "How long is this going to take?" George began complaining not even five minutes in. I never understood what boys had against primark.

"Longer than planned if you keep complaining." I answered, scanning the rack of jackets beside us.

"What's the planned time, then?" He asked. I looked up from the rack at him and just shook my head, laughing.

"George, patience, please. Stop complaining and maybe I'll be finished in here a little quicker, yeah?" He just nodded defeated as I patted him on the shoulder and picked up the jacket I was looking at.

Eventually, lunch came along and as promised, I ate a full meal. "Tina can you please pass me the sauce?" I pointed towards the bottle as she handed it to me.

"Wait!" George made the whole table jump as he looked at me, shocked.

"What?" I scanned myself and my surroundings, worried at what he was looking at.

"Is that Wilburs hoodie!?" I let out a breathe I didn't know I was holding and playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yes, George, it is, but was that really necessary?" I squeezed the sauce onto my plate.

"No, it wasn't." Karl seemed startled by the sudden shock. Just when I thought the topic was going to be short and simple, Sapnap joined the conversation.

"Did he give you it, or did you steal it?" I sighed, knowing this was going to be the conversation for a while.

"Neither. I found it in his wardrobe when I checked in on his apartment, and when I told him, he said he didn't mind me wearing it." I explained, a few seconds later regretting it.

"You're the one who checks in on his apartment?" Sapnap asked. I gave him a cautious look and nodded. "So, you have a key?" I nodded once again with the same look on my face.

"Oh, that's where you're going tonight?" George figured out my plan.

"No, I mean, yes, but let's pretend you don't know."

"Why's that?" Karl asked.

"Wilburs apartment is like my 'escape place' whether he's there or not." I smiled slightly as they all agreed and we continued eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1146