Chapter 65~ i love you

I applauded the Tommy and Tubbo as their song came to an end, gesturing to Madison to give me control of the music.

She looked confused at first but shrugged it off and handed me the phone. I scrolled through her playlist, attempting to find a song to slow dance to.

I knew Madison preferred upbeat music, which is why it took me as long as it did to find a song, but when I did I was happy with it.

'Stay with me' by Sam Smith began playing through the speakers. vv

I saw Tubbo turn off his microphone with a small smile as he put it down. Tommy followed his actions, sitting at a table as George offered to share a piece of cake.

I held out my hand for Wilbur to take, and he did. I glanced over to see Isaac offering a dance to Madison which she accepted, already blushing.

Isaac and Madison have been together for a while, but their love for each other has never died down. I was happy for her.

I let my free hand rest on top of Wilburs shoulder as he smiled down at me. The lyrics came on and we began to sway side to side.

"Can I be honest, Will?" I whispered, sighing lightly at the thoughts running through my mind.

"Of course, daring." He bought my hand he was holding to rest behind his neck, and I automatically connected my hands together so both my arms rest gently around his neck.

His hands gripped my waist and I rested my head against his chest. "I never thought I'd be happy again after I lost Noah. It seemed impossible to me." I admitted.

I heard the light hum of a response from Wilbur as he kissed my head lightly. "But you proved me wrong. You've made me the happiest girl in the world." I closed my eyes for a moment.

"I'll always do everything I can to make you happy, Kenz." He replied, his grip tightening around me ever so slightly.

"I love you, Will." I took the risk of saying the words to him aloud. I expected him to freeze, stop swaying with me, but he didn't.

"I love you, Mackenzie." He responded and a smile formed on my face as I tried to contain my excitement.

Wilbur took a step back, gripping my hand as he spun me around. I laughed silently, taking his other hand in mine, our swaying continuing.

I forgot for a while that everyone else was in the room with us. I just danced and laughed with Wilbur until the song faded.

Another echo of laughter erupted from me as he whispered another terrible joke to me, and it is only then I felt eyes on us.

I glanced around the room, my cheeks flushing when I saw Madison smiling in our direction and Tommy saying something to Phil, both their eyes glued to us.

I chuckled to myself and let out a breath. "I need a drink." I kissed Wilbur on the cheek and took his hand, leading us back to the table.

I picked up my glass, releasing Wilburs hand and taking a large swig of the cold drink. I learnt against the chair Wilbur was sat on, watching as Madison did karaoke with Isaac.

The night flew by, and ended much sooner than I wanted it to. I changed back into my original clothes, and waited for everyone else outside the building.

I was flicking through the photos we had all taken about an hour ago. To my surprise, hidden in another room of the venue there was a set of props for a photoshoot.

We used every single one as we took photos of each other, even managing to get a group one.

I quickly posted the group picture on my public instagram, making sure it was the one without Madison so that I respected her wish of not becoming famous.

I did, however, post one of me and her on my private instagram. My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the loud laughter of Tommy.

I smiled up at him and Wilbur as they walked out of the glass doors. A few people followed behind and multiple taxis parked at the curb.

"You staying at the same hotel as us?" I stood up, questioning Madison as I embraced her in a hug.

"Yeah, don't worry." She chuckled. I thanked her one last time before being ushered into the car by Phil.

"I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow, then?" I put a thumbs up to Phil and slowly began moving backwards. She nodded, taking Isaacs hand as the last taxi pulled up.

I waved a goodbye and jumped into the back of the car beside Ranboo. A tired but happy sigh left my lips as I relaxed into the seat.

"This- I can't believe you managed to pull this off." I shook my head, rolling down my window as the car began moving.

"You enjoyed it, then?" Ranboo chuckled. I turned to face him and nodded with a smile.

"So much." I confirmed, and the rest of the ride was filled with way too many jokes.

I opened the door when we pulled up outside of the hotel, leaving it open for Ranboo to follow. Wilbur waited at the front of the car, smiling lightly at me.

I smiled back, leaning into his side when I reached him and we made our way inside. "Thank you, Will. So much." I relaxed into him, and felt a gentle kiss on top of my head.

"If I had a pound for every time you thanked me tonight, Kenz, I'd be rich." He joked and I shook my head.

"Because I mean it, and can't express it enough." I clarified. His grip around my waist tightened slightly as we made our way up the stairs.

"Then I'll repeat it again, you're welcome." He chuckled and so did I. The rest of the way to our room was silent until we said goodnight to everyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1014