Chapter 37~ excuse me?

On the car drive there, we all just had a bunch of different conversations. "And we're back!" Tommy announced as he got out of the car again.

We all got out of the car and could already hear the music playing. A smile grew on my face, I loved parties for many reasons. One being it's a time where everyone can let loose. Yes, 99% of the time there will be drama but that didn't matter.

"Come on, I can see the excitement on your face. Let's not make you wait any longer." Wilbur held out a hand to me. I placed my hand in his as he lead us inside, the others following a few feet behind us.

We walked in to blasting music and shining disco lights. There were a bunch of tables with a dance floor in the middle and a DJ at the front. "There's a table over there." Ranboo pointed over to a clean and empty table.

"I'll go and get everybody a drink." Phil spoke, Wilbur offering to go with him. Tubbo and Tommy both needed to use the bathroom so it was just me and Ranboo at the table.

"You should make a move with Wilbur tonight." He said. His tone was so casual it made me even more shocked by his words. Nobody knew about mine and Wilburs kiss, nor did I plan on telling any of them yet.

"Excuse me? No." I scoffed. Ranboo was the only one here who I had actually told about my feelings for Wilbur. "I'm not going to ruin the night by making things awkward between me and Wilbur." I came up with an excuse.

"But you won't!" Ranboo seemed so hopeful about it. I gave him a confused look when he spoke again. "I mean, I think you're overthinking this."

"No, Ran. I just want to have fun tonight." I replied in an attempt to brush off the conversation. Luckily, Wilbur and Phil came back at that moment, holding three glasses each. "Thanks." I smiled, taking one of the glasses from Phil.

Tommy and Tubbo came back only a few minutes later and for about half an hour, we all just laughed and joked at the table. That was until one of my favourite songs came on: 'one last time' by Ariana Grande. vv

I dragged Ranboo with me onto the dance floor as we both just vibed to the song coming from the speakers.

*Wilburs pov*

I watched as Mackenzie danced with Ranboo on the dance floor, not paying attention to the others conversation. "Wilbur, you can go and join them, you know?" Tubbos voice caught my attention.

"You know I don't dance." I turned back to them, pretending like it didn't bother me.

"I'll make a deal with you, Will." Tommy chimed in. I looked at him, waiting for him to elaborate. "If I ask the DJ to play a slow song, you have to be the one to dance with Mackenzie."

"Not happening Tommy." I turned back to face them. Yes, I would like to dance with Mackenzie but she took Ranboo with her. He's her best friend, why wouldn't she?

"Then go and join them. I'd rather watch you dance than sit there like a sad puppy." He sighed.

"I'm not sitting here like a sad puppy." I took a sip of my drink, hoping someone would change the conversation. The song slowly came to an end as another began to play.

'Ciao Adios' by Anne-Marie began to play. vv

"You're all sitting there looking miserable, come on!" Mackenzie was now dragging me and Tubbo from our seats, Ranboo dragging Tommy and Phil.

"This isn't optional, is it?" Tubbo joked as Mackenzie shook her head, wrapping an arm around his shoulder, him doing the same.

*Mackenzies pov*

We were all singing the beginning of the song, just having a good time when the chorus came on.

'I'm onto you, yeah you! I'm not your number one! I saw you, with her kissing and having fun! If you're giving her all your money and time, I'm not gonna sit here wasting mine on you, yeah you! Ciao Adios I'm done!'

We had all formed into some sort of circle. I was in between Tubbo and Tommy as we all just sang our hearts out to the song. It's these moments I really loved. Just on the dance floor, singing without a care in the world.

The first chorus came to an end as our circle sort of separated, but we remained close together. I left Tommy and Tubbo to vibe with each other, making my way to Wilbur who was swaying awkwardly by himself.

"It's a dance floor, dance!" I said as I stood beside him. He looked at me and just chuckled slightly. He went to speak but I interrupted him. "You don't dance," I mocked him. "I know." playfully rolling my eyes, I spoke again "Here, let me help."

I linked both our hands together, forcing him to have to dance as I did. I heard a small laugh escape his lips as I smiled up at him.

'Now she sings along when you play guitar, making brand new memories. Hope you treat her better than you treated me!"

The chorus came back as Wilbur and I both sang along. The others were once again in a circle as Tommy urged us to join, which we did. I was now in between Wilbur and Tommy. We stayed in that circle for the rest of the song.

Shockingly, nobody even tried to sit down as the next song came on. It wasn't the song that I thought would make them sit down, I just thought one of them would attempt to leave.

The next song was 'steal my girl' by One Direction. vv

I turned back to Wilbur as he just chuckled slightly. "I didn't know you were a One Direction fan, darling?" I ignored him trying to wind me up with the nickname and instead replied to his actual question.

"One Direction songs are classics." I laughed as he took my hand and spun me around. I held onto both of his hands as the lyrics began to play. We carried on dancing like that until the chorus of the song began to play.

"EVERYBODY WANNA STEAL MY GIRL, EVERYBODY WANNA TAKE HER HEART AWAY! COUPLE BILLION IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! FIND ANOTHER ONE CAUSE SHE BELONGS TO ME!" I sang, still close beside Wilbur as he kept one arm around my waist.

"EVERYBODY WANNA STEAL MY GIRL, EVERYBODY WANNA TAKE HER HEART AWAY! COUPLE BILLION IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! FIND ANOTHER ONE CAUSE SHE BELONGS TO ME!" The lyrics repeated.

"I never thought I'd get the chance to scream one direction lyrics with you at a disco." I joked to Wilbur who just laughed slightly.

"I never thought I would be at a disco dancing to one direction." He replied. I shook my head before coming up with an idea. "Where are you going!?" Wilbur questioned as I began to push through the crowd of dancing people.

"I'll be right back!" I shouted to him as I went to the DJ and requested a song. The DJ agreed and I made my way back over to Wilbur as the second chorus began to play again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1229