Chapter 6~ little brother

Me and Wilbur ended up staying in that hug for at least 5 minutes whilst he calmed me down. "I'm sorry, I don't wanna ruin the day." I pulled away from the hug, wiping my eyes with the palm of my hand.

"Don't apologise, you haven't ruined anything." Wilbur smiled gently at me, giving me a reassuring look. I smiled back as he quickly jumped from his seat.

"How about this, we walk to the corner shop not far from here to get some snacks, then we find a random show on Netflix to binge watch for the next like- I don't know, two hours?" He spoke, as a rush of energy went rushing into him.

"Why only two hours?" I laughed, standing up myself as Wilbur began tying his shoe laces already.

"I mean, I don't know, just- yeah, I don't know" Wilbur laughed running out the door, me walking normally behind him.

"Actually, no! I have a better idea!" He turned on his heels to face me again as I just laughed at him. "We get snacks and have a picnic in the field not far from here!" His face lit up with excitement.

"I don't think you understand how much I love picnics Wilbur!" I gained a load of energy as I thought through Wilburs new idea.

"In that case, we're having a picnic!" Wilbur began making his way back to his apartment door causing me to give him a confused look.

"Where are you going!?" I shouted down the hallway as I chuckled at his excited run.

"To get a blanket! What's a picnic without a blanket Mackenzie!?" He shouted back as he unlocked his door running through it, his arm being the last thing I saw as he waved at me like a child.

"You've got a point there mr musician!" I began making my own way towards his apartment but didn't even get half way there before he came running past me, a folded picnic blanket being waved around in his hand and a light guitar in the other.

I shook my head following behind him as he ran down the hall, a picnic blanket and guitar in each of his hands. This was going to be fun I thought with a gentle chuckle.

"You planning on giving me a concert Wilbur?" I pointed at his guitar as I caught up with him outside of the apartment building.

"Maybe, maybe not? I'll see how I feel." He laughed as we made our way to a nearby shop so we could get foods for our picnic.

"Do you want me to hold the blanket? You know, so you have a free hand?" I offered as he realised both of his hands were occupied with a different object.

"If you don't mind." He chuckled, smiling down at me as we approached the shop he had mentioned not too long ago whilst we were still in
his apartment.

"No of course not!" I smiled back, taking the blanket from his left hand so that he actually had a hand free to use in the shop.

Eventually we finished getting food and we're already at the field which was bigger than I had expected it to be.

"This is a big field, do you come here often?" I asked him as I set the blanket down for us both to sit down on. I already felt more peaceful than I was a few hours ago.

"Not really, I've been in London for a while now but have only been to this field once with a few of my friends" he answered my question, taking a seat on the blanket and beginning to unpack food from one of the two filled bags we had bought.