Chapter 55~ not my day

"It's just so frustrating!" I threw my head back. My tears of anger had stopped and a knock on the door interrupted Wilburs strong attempt to calm me down. Today was not my day.

"Don't move." Wilbur pointed a finger to me, before standing up and going towards the door. "Hey, not a great time." I heard him speak after opening the door.

"We was wondering what time you wanted us to book the mini golf for." I heard Tommys voice. Then followed another.

"Tommy we told you they're fine." I dropped my head in my hands and picked up my phone, standing up from the bed Wilbur had urged me onto.

"I'll be right back." I pushed past everyone and began to make my way out into the car park.

"You can stay in here if you want. We'll be back in a minute." I heard Wilbur say to the others before rushing after me. "Mackenzie! I'm not doing this again!" I stopped at the top of the stairs and turned to face him.

"Doing what again, Will?" I threw my arms in the air, wishing this day could just be over and done with.

"Losing you in some public place! I understand that today hasn't gone exactly to plan, and I know what Harpers put you through is difficult, but we can't keep doing this." He sounded weak, almost helpless.

"You think I like doing this? And on repeat? Because, no I don't, Will! It's just that every time my life seems to finally be going well, someone or something drags it down!" My voice broke at least once in every sentence.

"I know, and I get that! You know I'm here for you, Kenz, and I'm not going to leave you at the first sign of trouble! I want to help you through it, but I need you to trust that I can do that."

"I do, Will. I just can't never know what to tell you." I shrugged weakly, fed up of my life going downwards.

"Is everything okay?" Ranboo appeared a few feet behind Wilbur. I nodded quickly.

"Yeah, just needed to talk." I walked up to Wilbur, wrapping an arm around his waist and smiling to Ranboo. "Five minutes and we'll be back in." I nodded.

He nodded back and made his way back towards mine and Wilburs hotel room. "How about we make a deal?" Wilbur turned so that his whole body was facing mine, his hands resting against my waist.

"We go out tonight and as soon as we get back to the hotel, you talk everything out to me. I'll sit and listen even if we're awake until five in the morning. After that, we do the visit with Noah's parents and it ends there. No more Harper. No more Hope. No more Georgia."

"I like the sound of that." I smiled. "Thank you so much." I threw my arms around his neck relaxing as soon as his arms snaked around my waist. "I seriously could not ask for anyone better."

"Just taking care of my girl." He kissed the top of my head, holding me in a tight embrace. We began to make our way back to the others in a comfortable silence.

"Hey, what was that about?" Tommys eyes turned curious as we stepped back into the room.

"Eh, just a stand off in the hallway." I joked, sliding down to the floor against the wall as it was one of the only places left to sit. "What time are we going out?" I asked.

"We could leave now or in half an hour." Phil glanced at his phone as he spoke, making sure he was getting the times right, I presume.

"Well, what are we waiting for. Why not leave now?" I stood up enthusiastically with all the energy I could build. Everyone followed as we made our way out for the night.

The night went well overall. Laughs, jokes and luckily, no interruptions. I opened up the door to our hotel room, waving to Ranboo down the hall. I stepped inside, placing the key card down and taking off my shoes.

"How are you feeling?" Wilbur followed after me, closing the door behind him and slipping his own shoes off.

"Better." I smiled, crouching down to look in my suitcase. "I'm just gonna get changed quickly." I informed him. He replied with a small nod as I walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.

I placed my clothes down, taking a minute to prepare for the conversation I'd have next. I took my phone from my back pocket, quickly deciding to text Madison for a distraction.

Madison❤️‍🔥

Mackenzie❤️
Hey, I thought I'd let you know that Wilbur agreed to help babysit next week x

I put my phone down, and picked up my toothbrush, passing time whilst I waited for Madison to reply. It didn't take her long at all. My phone notified me of a new message and I picked it up immediately to reply.

Madison❤️‍🔥

Madison❤️‍🔥
That's great! We can go out for dinner too on that night if you'd like? x

Mackenzie❤️
I'd love to, can't wait :)x

Madison❤️‍🔥
Me neither, see you soon x

Mackenzie❤️
See you soon x

I put my phone beside the sink and patiently got changed. Once I was done, I washed my hands quickly and left the bathroom.

"You alright?" Wilbur asked, concerned. He clearly noticed how long I took in the bathroom compared to usual.

"Yeah, I was just texting Madison about next week." I told him honestly. I sat on the end of the bed, picking up my hairbrush and running it through my hair.

"Oh, that makes sense." He sat beside me. He had already changed whilst I was in the bathroom. "You ready to talk?" I looked up at him, my hands rested in my lap.

A quiet sigh left my lips and I nodded. "I guess so." He smiled sadly before moving to sit against the headboard.

"Whenever you're ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1009