Chapter 14~ love birds

I woke up early the next morning to make sure I would be on time to meet up with Wilbur, Tommy and their friend. Wilbur had text me last night saying to meet them there at 10am so that's what I was doing.

"MADISON!" I screamed down Madisons ear whilst pouring a glass of water over her head.

"Mackenzie, what the hell!?" She yawned back as I laughed at her annoyed expression. She just glared back at me causing me to laugh more.

"I'm heading out now, you still have my spare key, right?" I picked up the same white bag as usual along with my house keys that never left the same small table that was isolated in the corner of my living room.

"Yeah. Have fun." She mumbled before turning on her other side and going back to sleep. It didn't bother me when she stayed at mine alone so I just shook my head at her laziness.

"Goodbye Mads!" I shouted as I made my way out of the door, prepared to begin what would be a fun but tiring day.

Wilbur🎶

Mackenzie🥤
On my way now!

Wilbur🎶
Ok then! See you in a bit :)

Mackenzie🥤
See you in a bit :)

I slipped my phone into the pocket of my black, skinny jeans that I had matched with a long sleeved pink bodysuit, a cropped blue denim jacket and my usual black airforces.

It didn't take me long until I was finally at the cafe. I stood inside, going straight to the counter before even trying to find the three friends I was supposed to be meeting up with.

"What can I get for you today?" The woman spoke quietly to me. I stepped closer to the counter as I was a few steps back.

"Can I get a medium iced latte please?" I asked, already starting to collect the money from my bag.

"Would that be all for today miss?" She asked as she finished tapping the screen in front of her.

"Yes, thank you." I replied, giving her the money before even being told the price.

"Could I get a name for the order please?" She smiled sweetly.

"Of course, it's Mackenzie." I smiled back.

"That'll be ready for you shortly." I nodded at her words, going to wait closer to the back of the shop, still not knowing where Wilbur was sat.

"Iced latte for Mackenzie!?" I heard the worker announce. I walked forward, taking the drink from the counter, thanking the man as I did.

I began looking around for Wilbur or Tommys familiar face when I saw and heard Tommy laughing. I shook my head slightly making my way over to him.

As I got closer, I only saw Tommy and an unfamiliar brunette boy I hadn't met before. I knew that that was their other friend so I wasn't really confused at all.

"Mackenzie!" Tommy noticed me as I was a few steps away from their table. He stood up, giving me a hug and pointing to the seat beside him, gesturing me to sit down. It left me beside Tommy and an empty seat with the unfamiliar boy opposite me.

"This is George by the way!" Tommy interrupted the awkward silence causing us all to laugh slightly.

"I'm Mackenzie, nice to meet you." I stuck out my hand as he shook it saying a small 'you too' as he did.

"Where's Wilbur? I thought he was here already?" I asked, tucking my chair in a bit more so that I wasn't so far away from the table.

"Yeah he is, he just went to the bathroom." Tommy answered so I just nodded my head knowingly.

"Tommy, when are you gonna tell us what we're actually recording today?" The boy I knew to match the name 'George' spoke.

"When Wilbur's back, first Mackenzie was missing and now Wilbur." Tommy complained as I said a small apology which he sarcastically took. I knew he didn't mean anything so it was understandable.

"I wouldn't say any of us were 'missing' Tommy." I heard the familiar voice from behind me. I turned around to see Wilbur walking behind me, heading towards his seat.

"Well now you're not, no. Sit down." Tommy playfully demanded, pointing to the chair opposite him. Both George and I laughed at their brother-like banter as Wilbur sat down, rolling his eyes.

"Hey Kenz." Wilbur smiled as I smiled back at him, letting a small 'hey' escaping my lips.

"That's enough love birds! Do you wanna know what we are doing for the vlog or not?" Tommy joked once again as my eyes widened and Wilburs expression changed to shock.

"Not as much as I wanna know why you think we're love birds?" I asked with an awkward laugh. I had known Wilbur for a while now but no one has ever referred to us as 'love birds'.

"I don't know, I didn't have anything else to say." We both let out a sigh of relief as he said that. I could see George trying not to laugh as Wilbur just shook his head at him.

"Okay, anyway! I booked us a whole theme park to ourselves! Different people are coming throughout the day so it won't actually be just us. You know most of them now Kenz, don't worry." We all looked at him surprised. I was so happy inside, I loved theme parks so much and now it would feel like I'm in a private one.

"No way! I love theme parks!" Tommy smiled at me as the others just laughed a bit. Clearly shocked still but now also excited.

"We better get going though, we've got to be there in like half an hour and it's a 20 minute drive." He added on as we all gave him a mix of annoyed but shocked looks.

"Fucking hell Tommy, let's go then, hurry!" Wilbur immediately rose from his seat, Tommy following after. Me and George have each other an amused look as the two boys rushed out of the cafe. We stood up calmly, laughing at their panicked reactions.

"Are you two gonna hurry up!?" Tommy shouted across the car park as we left the cafe. I rolled my eyes and began to jog towards the car, George following behind.

"I'm in the front!" Tommy opened the door. I smirked slightly as he said it, now deciding that Tommy wouldn't be sitting in the front.

"Not anymore!" I began to sprint, jumping into the front passenger seat as Tommy was putting something in the boot.

"Hey! That's unfair!" He complained, walking back to the door. I laughed as he pouted dramatically at me in hopes I would move for him.

"Shouldn't have said anything. Youngest rides in the back!" With that, Tommy sat in the back seat and sulked for the first 10 minutes of the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1149