Chapter 53~ whos this?

I didn't bother looking at the door, I knew who it was. I turned on my stomach, laying my face on my hands and remaining silent. I didn't seem to hear Wilbur move around the room. It was pin drop silence.

I didn't bother moving, I remained in the same position. It wasn't until a few minutes that I felt a cold hand rub against my upper back. "You ran off." A small smile crept onto my face at the familiar voice.

"Madison called, that's all." I still didn't move. I just let myself relax on the bed.

"Oh, yeah? Is everything alright?" My smile only grew wider as he actually cared about what Madison had to say.

"Yeah. I forgot to tell you something, though." I turned onto my back to look Wilbur in the eye. As I let my hand drop against my stomach, Wilbur sat at the end of the bed, looking down at me.

"What's that?" He questioned. I let my elbows push me up so that I sat more at his eye level.

"I'm spending a week in London before I come to Brighton. I wanna see Madison and get some more of my things." I told him. He just looked at me thoughtfully and nodded.

"Yeah, okay." He smiled gently causing me to smile genuinely back.

"One more thing." I quickly added on and he nodded, waiting for me to speak. "I'm going with Madison and her boyfriend to babysit her cousins for a day, and she invited you to join." I stated, hoping he'd understand what I was asking.

"Babysitting, huh?" He grinned down at me and I just nodded, letting out an almost silent chuckle.

"Yeah. They're three and they're twins but also the sweetest children you'll ever meet!" I tried to convince him as he sat, staring at me with a small smile on his face.

"So you want me to come with you to London?" He put it simply. I looked down, playing with the sheets of the bed. He knew he was right. "I'd love to." He eventually spoke.

"You would?" My head shot back up to look at him. He let out a low laugh before speaking again.

"I would." He replied. I shuffled forward, pulling him into a hug. I finally felt truly relaxed again since the restaurant incident. I hid my face in the crook of his neck.

"You will not regret it. Holly will love you. Maybe Oscar." I joked as he laughed, placing a slow kiss on my lips. "Thank you." I smiled once he pulled away from the kiss.

"You're welcome." He placed one last kiss on my forehead. "The guilt was overtaking you, wasn't it?" He looked me in the eye to which I nodded.

"It's drained me out." I stated, letting myself fall against the mattress again.

"Wanna take a nap?" He offered, a smile automatically rising on my face at the thought. "Thought you might. I'll set an alarm." He stood up, picking up his phone and walking to the other side of the bed.

I felt the bed dip and I turned my head to see Wilbur laying beside me. He held out his arm and I immediately rolled into them, resting my head on his chest and wrapping an arm around him.

"You're warm." I mumbled as he began playing with the ends of my hair. "Which is weird because you're hands were cold earlier." I chuckled, referring to when he first came in.

"The hotels warm, darling." That was the last thing I heard him say before I drifted off into a light sleep.

*Wilburs pov*

I wasn't going to sleep. I never planned to. I slowly picked up my phone with my free hand, making sure not to wake Mackenzie up.

I began searching through my phone for flights back to London in two days. I wasn't going to book them without asking Mackenzie but I had nothing better to do.

As the time past she seemed to begin breathing heavier and shaking ever so slightly. I tilted her head to look at her face as tears streamed down her cheeks. Nightmare.

I shook her lightly, whispering her name as I did. "Mackenzie, love." I repeated and she woke up, more tears escaping as her breathe quickened. She looked up at me, the element of fear clear in her eyes.

I wrapped both of my arms around her, holding her close as she continued to cry in my chest. "It was h- her again, Will." She managed to let out.

"It was just a dream, I've got you. You're safe." I assured her and she slowly began to calm down. She sat up, and I followed her actions. "You okay?" I removed a strand of hair from her face.

"I hate her." She spoke, looking blankly at a wall as she let her breathe go back to normal. "So fucking much." She added, standing up and beginning to pace around the room.

"We need to find a way for you to let go." I informed to which she agreed, repeatedly. I looked to the side, noticing her phone lighting up. "Your phones ringing." I told her.

"Can you answer it for me, please? I need to freshen up." She requested, opening the bathroom door.

"Yeah, sure." I picked up the phone, holding it to my ear. "Hello?" I spoke first.

"Hi, who's this?" An unfamiliar voice sounded through the other end of the phone. It was a females voice that I had never heard before.

"Who's this?" I switched the question onto the woman on the other end of the phone. We hadn't told a lot of people about our relationship, so I wouldn't risk telling anyone.

"I'm sorry, is Mackenzie there?" She changed the topic, confusing me even more.

"Not right now." I answered, hoping to find out who I was actually speaking to at this exact movement.

"Right. Would you understand what I meant if I told you I was Noah's older sister?" My eyes widened at her words. I took a breathe before answering her.

"I would, yes." I informed her.

"Great. Now will you tell me who you are?" She questioned. At that exact moment, Mackenzie opened the door. I looked at her nervously, raising a confused look to her face.

"Who is it?" She mouthed, the look of curiosity taking over the confusion.

"Noah's older sister." I mouthed back an her eyes immediately widened.

"Are you still there?" The womans voice spoke again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1092