Chapter 64~ dont you

I caught up with Madison as everybody else messed around on the dance floor, laughing and joking with each other.

"How's it going, then?" Her question confused me as I looked at her, my eyebrows furrowed. "With Wilbur." She elaborated. I nodded once and looked over to him.

He was talking with George and Tommy, laughing every now and then as he held a glass in his hand.

I turned my attention back to Madison with a smile. "Perfect." I shrugged and a proud smile rose to her face.

"Perfect, huh?" She teased. I laughed as I took another sip of my drink, noticing Sapnap on his way over. "Who's this?" Madison whispered.

Sapnap took a seat beside me and I chuckled at Madisons words. "Madison, this is Sapnap. Sapnap, Madison." I introduced. They politely greeted each other before Madison excused herself to find Isaac.

"Hi." I smiled at Sapnap. He chuckled before greeting me back and starting a new conversation.

I never expected something like this today, but I know that nobody has ever done anything like this for me.

The dress Madison had picked out was gorgeous and everybody had dressed up just for the surprise. Sapnap ahead went to talk to Karl a few minutes ago so I sat admiring the room.

"Kenz!" A voice echoed through the hall and I looked over to the three boys. Wilbur waved me over and I quickly stood.

As we spoke about random things, the music continued to play in the background and people were on and off the dance floor.

It came to the point where I was ready for karaoke. I spoke to Karl and we agreed to set it up. Madison and I went first as 'They don't know about us' by One Direction began to play.

She smiled at me and I smiled back. She began singing her first lyric as I laughed silently.

"People say we shouldn't be together, too young to know about forever but I say they don't know what they're talk- talk- talking about!" She gestured for me to carry on.

"Cause this love is only getting stronger so I don't wanna wait any longer! I just wanna tell the world that you're mine, girl!" As the chorus came, I heard a few others singing with us.

"Oh, they don't know about the things we do, they don't know about the I love you's, but I bet you if they only knew they would just be jealous of us!" I danced happily as the room sang.

"They don't know about the up all nights, they don't know I've waited all my life just to find a love that feels this right! Baby, they don't know about- they don't know about us!" The chorus ended, and Madison carried on.

After the song was finished, I handed the microphone to Sapnap, allowing him to have a turn, George thanking Madison for her microphone.

I laughed as Madison made a joke, tapping George once on the shoulder before making her way back over to Isaac.

I scanned the room, everybody was eating or talking. A small smile rose to my face and I let out a happy sigh before sneaking out the door.

I pushed open the glass door I had walked through earlier and let the cool air hit my face. I sat on the white sodden bench and quietly watched the world go by.

I sat peacefully as birds flew around and cars sped past. Everything seemed to be so peaceful, and I felt so relaxed in that moment.

I jumped slightly as I heard the glass door shut behind me. I looked over and saw Madison with a light smile.

"Oh, hi." I laughed gently as she sat beside me, laughing too. She looked at me with a knowing look and I looked back at her with caution.

"What?" I questioned, brushing off my dress and sitting up straight. Her head rested against the cold brick wall and she laughed again. "What?" I laughed with her, still cautious.

"You love him, don't you?" She smirked at me and I looked away from her, back to the fast cars that drove ahead of us.

"Madison." I shook my head, and I could feel the heat burning my face. My cheeks were now bright red as I avoided her eye.

"You do!" She gasped and I looked down at my hands, playing with the fabric of my dress. I heard the glass door close again and I looked back in a hurry.

Wilbur stood at the door and smiled down at me. I looked back at Madison with a glare and she stood up.

"I'll leave you two be." She smirked at me before walking past Wilbur and into the building. He looked confused as I just shook my head at him.

He gave me a curious look and sat beside me. "What's that about?" He asked and draped an arm around my shoulders.

"Nothing, she's being weird." I waved it off and he pulled me into his side. I meant my head against his shoulder and my eyes closed for a moment.

"What brought you out here?" He asked, his hand rubbing up and down my arm. I relaxed into him and sighed.

"Needed a bit of air, that's all. Thank you for this, Will. It's the best thing anyone has ever done for me." I looked up at him and he kissed my head lightly.

"You deserve the world, darling." He replied and thanked him again before standing up.

"Come on. I think we deserve a slow dance, don't you?" I grinned and he laughed. I held out my hand for him and he smiled up at me.

He took it and stood up, leading me through the glass doors with a tight grip on my hand. I made sure the door didn't shut too hard behind me before we continued to the hall.

I could hear the singing voices of Tommy and Tubbo from outside the door and chuckled lightly to myself as we stepped in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1015