Chapter 21~ i dont dance

Wilbur knocked the door loudly, telling me that everyone else got here about five minutes ago. Apparently that's what George has told him.

Not long after, an unfamiliar face opened the door. "James!" Wilbur gave the man a quick hug. "This is Mackenzie, Mackenzie this is James." I gave him a small handshake before we entered the house.

Everyone sat around the living room, multiple people standing up to greet Wilbur and if they had met me, they'd greet me as well, rather than having to be introduced.

"What are you standing there for, sit down!" George patted the seat next to him. I managed sit down in the only empty spot before Wilbur.

"I don't think so." Wilbur laughed and pulled me off of the chair, taking my seat.

"You son of a bit-" I was cut off when Wilbur pulled me back down to sit on his lap.

"I wasn't gonna take your seat and make you sit on the floor, was I, dumbass?" I rolled my eyes at the man but stayed put. Yes, I was extremely nervous, but I wouldn't let it show.

"Yeah right, I'm the dumbass." I mumbled, loud enough so only Wilbur could hear me.

"Don't push your luck too far tonight, Kenz." I rolled my eyes at him, but leant my head on his shoulder as we both began listening to everyone else.

"Oh come on, a party without music? Don't be stupid." Tommy spoke.

"He has got a point. I'm putting music on, I don't care." George picked up his phone which I assumed was connected to the speakers.

"You need to make more room first George." Ranboo stated. We all stood up and began moving any furniture out of the way until there was enough room for all of us to stand around comfortably.

Once we were done, George put 'one dance' by Drake on the speakers. vv

Wilbur sat to the side with a man I didn't recognise, just talking whereas I began dancing with Nikki. As the song went on, we ended up with every girl dancing with us: Me, Nikki, Aimsey, Kristen and who I guessed to be Shelby.

The song came to an end and we were all laughing, enjoying the moments. The next song that came on was 'Issues' by Julia Michaels. vv

"Sorry girls, we're taking Mackenzie from you!" I was dragged away by Ranboo. By 'we're' he meant him, Tommy, Tubbo, Billzo and Freddie.

I don't know why they dragged me away because all we did was dance, it's not like they needed me in any way.

Song after song played but not once did I see Wilbur dance, not even from where he was stood.

George put the song '10 things I hate about you' by Leah Kate on, which is when me, Nikki and Shelby took our chance to scream our hearts out. vv

We sang at a normal volume at first until it came to the chorus:

"all the things I hate about you, TEN YOU'RE SELFISH, NINE YOU'RE JADED, EIGHT THE DUMBEST GUY I DATED, SEVEN TALK A BIG GAME TILL YOURE NAKED, ONLY SIX SECONDS AND I HAD TO FAKE IT!" It was then I saw everyone watching us, including Wilbur this time who was staring at me, shocked.

"FIVE YOU'RE TOXIC, FOUR CANT TRUST YOU, THREE YOU'VE STILL GOT MOMMY ISSUES, TWO YEARS OF YOUR BULLSHIT I CANT UNDO, ONE I HATE THE FACT THAT YOU MADE MY LOVE YOU!" We all let out a deep breathe as the chorus finished, laughing in amusement. I guess we've all been through something.

We did that every time the chorus came on. At the end everyone applauded us, to which we gave a dramatic and sarcastic bow.

A couple more songs played until 'thinking out loud' by Ed Sheeran began to play. It was a slow song and everyone was dancing in a duo. Every duo was platonic of course. vv

I looked over to Wilbur who hadn't even looked over to the middle of the room where everyone was dancing again. I sighed and walked over to him.

I grabbed his hand, not saying a word and dragged him over to the dance floor. "Kenz? What're you doing?" He asked. "I don't dance." He stated once he had realised.

"I don't care." I smiled up at him as I turned to face him again. I intertwined our fingers on both hands and began to sway side to side, which after a second of hesitation, Wilbur followed.

'Thinking out loud, maybe we found love right where we are'

Wilbur spun me once as the main lyric sounded. I smiled at his action as he smiled back down at me.

'When my hairs all gone and my memory fades, and the crowds don't remember my name,'

Wilbur pulled me closer to him so that his arms now hugged my waist. I tried to hide my smile but failed miserably as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

The song went on as I rested my head against his chest. I felt him smile against my hair as he hid his face in it.

'Oh, baby, we found love right where we are, and we found love right where we are'

Wilbur and I just looked into each other's eyes as the song came to an end and when it eventually did, Wilbur went to walk off claiming that 'he had danced too much for one day'.

I stopped him, refusing to let him miss the next song. 'Locked out of heaven' by Bruno Mars began to play. vv

I smirked at Wilbur, in which he replied by rolling his eyes and taking my hands to continue dancing with me.

He finally let loose as the more upbeat song played from the big speakers and not a single person was sitting out anymore.

We both sang to the song as we danced together, forgetting how tonight would be our last night together until who knows when, because that didn't matter. What did matter, is that we're together now and having fun without a care in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1026