Chapter 59~ wait and see

I insisted everybody carried on to the car when I forgot my phone, which took a quick amount of convincing. It didn't take me long, and when I got back the only seat left empty was the drivers seat.

I chuckled to myself, and made my way closer to the car. Through the window I could see Wilbur on the phone to someone. I opened the drivers door, and got into the car.

I didn't say anything at first, knowing Wilbur was still on the phone. "I've got to go. Thank you, George. Thank Madison for me too." He spoke.

The fact he was talking to George is not what made my head snap in his direction. It was that he was thanking my best friend. He hung up the phone and placed it on the dashboard.

"Thank Madison? For what?" I questioned. He turned to me with a playful smile, and held out the keys for me.

"You'll have to wait and see." He still held the keys out for me, placing a quick kiss on my cheek. I hesitantly took the keys from him, eyeing him curiously.

"Okay..." I started the car and dropped my phone in Wilburs lap. He held onto it, making sure it didn't fall off as I began to pull out of our parking space.

"Where are we off to, Phil?" I asked, hoping for a quick answer as I drove to the exit of the car park.

"I have the directions on my phone, here." We managed to prop up Phils phone so I could see it, following the directions to wherever it was we were going.

We were 10 minutes into the car journey when the conversation lead back to the day I surprised the group. That was the start of the holiday, and this was the end.

What was so confusing, was how much had happened in such a short period of time. Wilbur was my boyfriend now, that explains it all.

"I felt like I couldn't move in the beginning." Wilbur laughed, and a genuine smile displayed on my face as I listened to their words.

"We could tell. We all got a greeting before you even managed to blink." Tubbo responded from the back of the car. "It was cute though, better than any other reunion I'd seen." He added.

"Yeah, you didn't hear his little remark." I playfully rolled my eyes, glancing at the man next to me before focusing on the road again.

"Remark?" Tommy questioned, already intrigued. My smile only grew. The happy atmosphere that filled the space of the car was so genuine, I couldn't contain any smile.

"It's nothing major, Tommy. I just called her darling." Wilburs eyes flashed to me for a quick moment, a mischievous smirk on his face.

I managed to quickly meet his eyes for a second, my stomach exploding with butterflies as he sent a wink at me.

"It was an inside joke at the time, I guess. Well, not a joke, but-" he took a breathe, chuckling to himself. "I don't know how to explain it." He finished.

"He knew how it affected me, that's why he did it." I confirmed and he shrugged, not bothering to try and deny it.

"How did you actually pull that off, though? Because I can promise you that I didn't see it coming." Ranboo spoke, the curiosity evident in his voice.

"George did most of the work. He just told me everything about where you were going, when you were going and where you were staying. I just bought the plane ticket." I shrugged, saying it like it had been a piece of cake.

"I know one thing for sure, though." I stole another glance at Wilbur so he knew I was aiming my words at him.

"What's that?" He took my hint, relaxing back into his seat, his eyes burning into the side of my head.

"You were jealous of Karl that night I was doing karaoke." I smirked to myself. I heard the audible sigh escape his lips, and the snickers from everyone else in the car.

"Ok, we don't need to-" he began, but Ranboo cut him off almost immediately.

"You we're jealous of Karl? Come on, that guy would never take a girl from you like that." He spoke. I agreed with him on that.

I know I didn't know Karl like others did, but I could tell he was loyal. Everything about him proved it.

"I wouldn't speak, Ran. He was jealous of you the night of the disco. When the two of you left to dance, he made it painfully obvious." Tubbo spoke.

"Right, I was jealous of Karl that night, but I wasn't jealous of Ranboo at the disco." Wilbur pointed a finger to his friends in the back seats.

"Oh, yeah? And what about on the way to disco, in the hotel? You know, when you stormed away to the car." Tommy peaked his head between the two of us.

"Ok, maybe I was then, but we don't need to-" Tommy cut Wilbur off at the exact same time Ranboo had only moments before.

"I knew it! I told you, Kenzie! I told you on the day and you didn't believe me!" Tommys voice rose and a soft laugh left my lips.

"I'm sorry, Tommy. You were right." I told him why he wanted to hear and then Ranboo spoke again.

"To start with, I think it's absurd you were ever jealous of me." Ranboos voice was laced with both confusion and amusement. "But secondly, do you know how painful it was to watch your twos love story?" He questioned.

My eyebrows furrowed at his words as I turned right at the end of a road. "Why?" I asked, keeping my eyes focused on the road ahead.

"I knew the two of you liked each other. You had both told me, and yet I had to keep both of your secrets." He shook his head.

"Thank you, Ran. It really did mean a lot to me that you didn't tell anyone." I smiled at him through the rear view mirror. He smiled back and my eyes turned back in front of me.

"Thank you, Ranboo." Wilbur turned around to smile at the younger friend.

"Wait, is this our destination?" My voice perked up as the sat nav lead us into a tiny car park.

"It sure is." Phil replied, and I felt my face light up, my stomach bubbling with excitement. "I thought it'd be fun." He added.

"You have no idea." I parked the car in the nearest parking space, and prepared myself for our first activity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1115