Chapter 7~ what song?

Since that FaceTime call, Wilburs been very cautious of his surroundings, I knew exactly why though. He was waiting for his 'little brother' to arrive.

"Jeez, Will calm down!" I laughed, rubbing his shoulder slightly. I sort of understood why he was so stressed but at the same time, I don't have anyone like a younger sibling so I didn't at the same time.

"I can't! It's Tommy! When he sees you, I'm doomed for all eternity!" He looked at me before I just shook my head at him.

"How old is he Wilbur?" I asked so I could tell him how I would actually cope with it when he gets here.

"18 but might as well be like 5!" He chuckled at his own reply as I just laughed with him.

"In that case, it'll be fine, ok?" I asked, my hand still on his shoulder as he sighed slightly looking at the sky.

"Ok." He looked back at me. I gave him one more tap on the shoulder before letting go and throwing a grape into my mouth, catching it successfully.

"I've got skill, you see!" I nodded jokingly as he just laughed with me before we were interrupted by a loud voice from afar.

"WILBUR!" Wilbur turned to look behind him where a tall blonde boy began running towards us, an older but shorter blonde man walking behind him.

"Hey Tommy." Wilbur laughed as the tall boy stopped in front of us, before giving Wilbur a hug.

"Hello Wilbur." The older man chuckled as he approached us, a lot more calm than the taller boy.

"Phil, hey!" Wilbur smiled at the two of them. That's when the taller boys eyes landed on me. This was the moment Wilbur had been dreading.

"Hi." I spoke quietly as the boy just stared at me with a confused look on his face. I laughed awkwardly not really knowing what else to say to him.

"She's real! Wilburs with a real woman! And she's not an American... I think anyway." His voice raised as he turned, mostly speaking to the older man, who was now stood beside Wilbur.

"Of course she's real Tommy and no she's not American?" Wilbur sat back down as he stated the obvious to the blonde boy.

He sat down between the two of us looking back and forth at us both like he was trying to figure something out. I tried not to laugh as he continued to look between us.

"Tommy, leave them both alone and come and sit over here." The other man was now sat down, pointing to another place where Tommy could sit.

"Ugh fine!" Tommy rolled his eyes and moved seats so he was in between the man and Wilbur.

"Sorry about him, I'm Phil." The man stuck his hand out for me to shake. I gently shook his hand, a small smile spread across my face.

"I'm Mackenzie." I replied as I let go of his hand, Wilbur smiling slightly at me. I smiled back before taking a sip of the drink that sat on the grass beside me.

"Tommy?" Wilburs tone was covered in confusion as the blonde boy sat silently, looking desperate to speak.

"Yes?" He replied, taking a cookie from in front of Wilbur, which I didn't really care about
anyway.

After a whole conversation of Wilbur explaining why he had never mentioned me to Tommy, Tommy going back to what Wilbur said was his 'usual self', me practically being given a questionnaire, and a lot more, we had finished the picnic.

"Okay Tommy me and Mackenzie are gonna go home now, but I'll see you tomorrow for your vlog, yeah?" all four of us stood up as Tommy nodded at Wilbur.

"You could join if you'd like Mackenzie, there's an extra space." Tommy offered. I didn't know that any of them were popular on social media until now so I was shocked at his offer.

"I'll think it through and get Wilbur to send me your number so I can let you know by tonight Tommy." I assured him before he pulled me into a hug. It took me by surprise at first but I hugged him back, he may be loud but he was a really nice kid.

"Bye guys!" Wilbur waved, his guitar in hand. We had already packed everything away so I had the blanket in my hand.

"Ugh, how is this already over!?" I sighed in annoyance causing Wilbur to wrap one arm around my shoulder.

"It don't have to be. It's only 4:00pm, you can come back to mine for a bit if you'd like, I never got to give you your concert." He squeezed my arm a bit as I smiled up at him.

"I'd like that." I replied as he nodded and we began to make our way back to Wilburs apartment.

When we got back, we both sat down on the sofa as Wilbur got ready with his guitar. "What song?" he asked. I thought for a while, before a song that I used to dance to as a child came to mind.

"Counting stars by OneRepublic?" I asked as he just gave me a small nod, beginning to play the sound.

(song above)

He began to sing, I was surprised at how good he was at both the guitar and singing. It calmed me to hear him playing one of my favourite songs. He could tell, I knew he could tell by the comforting look he gave me.

Just as the song came to an end I felt my eyes getting heavy as I felt like drifting off to sleep.

"Tired?" Wilbur laughed as he put down his guitar and looked at me gently.

"No, your voice is just soothing." I laughed, sitting up properly. I wasn't lying, I genuinely wasn't tired, his voice was just really calming.

"How about now we binge watch a show on Netflix? We have a few snacks left from the picnic and there's not a lot I've watched to be honest." He offered as I nodded my head in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1020