Chapter 56~ my own one

Our conversation and my ranting had just came to an end. I lay, staring at the ceiling as we sat in silence. "I have nothing else to say." My cheeks were tear stained and I was shaking ever so slightly.

"I'm proud of you, love." Wilbur sat up from his position. I turned my head to look at him and smiled.

"Thank you." I breathed lightly. "But what now?" I chuckled, sitting up so that I sat crossed legged on the bed.

"Sleep?" He offered. It was now two am, Wilbur wasn't kidding when he said he would stay up for as long as it took. I sighed, for some reason my body didn't want rest.

"I'm not tired. Are you?" I asked and he smiled. He sure didn't look tired. He sat in the same position as me and I turned so that my body was facing his.

"Not really, no." I shrugged and he nodded, his face turning thoughtful. "What do you want to do?" He asked and I groaned in annoyance.

"I'm not good at making decisions." I complained. He laughed quietly as I flopped back onto the bed, boredom taking over me already.

"Well, let me know when you do." He waited, sitting on the bed patiently. Only one simple idea came to my mind.

"Shall we make a TikTok?" I asked, and his eyebrows furrowed. "I don't know." I chuckled but picked up my phone.

"What kind of TikTok?" He questioned and a grin made its way to my face. He looked at me with caution. "What're you thinking?" He eyed me as I stood up.

"I'm going to teach you a dance." I smirked and it was his turn to flop back down onto the bed. "Come on! It'll be fun." I urged, and eventually got him to stand up.

"What kind of dance?" He asked as I set the phone up in preparation.

"Not a TikTok one. My own one." He couldn't possibly stay angry at me as I smiled innocently up at him. "Do you know this song?" I played the first 45 second of a song. vv

"I do, yes." He nodded. I nodded myself and played the song.

It took me about half an hour to teach Wilbur the dance before we managed to get started on filming it.

"No, I did it wrong!" I burst into laughter as Wilbur made his fourth mistake. I sat on the floor, trying to contain the laughs that escaped my lips.

"I'm sorry- I can't!" I held onto my stomach, as he looked down at me, amused.

"Okay, okay! Get up!" He tried not to laugh himself as he held out his hand to help me up. I took it, still laughing.

After two more attempts, we finally did it. "Yes!" I celebrated, holding up my hand for a high five. Wilbur matched my energy, slapping his hand against mine.

We watched it through, and a smile rose to my face at the video. "Can I post it?" I looked to him and he nodded, his own smile plastered across his face.

"Yeah, go for it." He gave me permission, placing a quick kiss on my cheek before walking back over to the bed. I clicked next and typed in a caption. It read:

'Nothing like dancing with your best friend :)'

I made sure to tag Wilburs account in the caption before hitting the post button. It took a few seconds before the video posted and Wilburs phone went off on the side.

"That's just me. I tagged you in the video." I informed him, but he still picked up the phone. I heard the song play from his phone as he watched through the video again.

"You friend zoned me!" He looked up at me, the forced look of offence on his face. "How dare you!" He put a hand to his chest and I laughed.

"Well, that's all they need to know for now. That we're friends." I shook my head and he laughed too.

"You've got a point." He lay down, putting his phone back where it was before.

"I know." I grinned, sitting on the edge of the bed as I plugged my phone in to charge. I tried to hide the yawn that escaped my mouth from Wilbur but failed.

"Tired?" He spoke and I fell back, letting my back hit the soft mattress and my head meet the warmth of Wilburs chest.

"Just a little." I closed my eyes when he began to play with my hair, brushing his fingers through the ends. "That's relaxing." I smiled.

"Yeah?" He chuckled and so did I. I loved moments like these more than he would ever know. They were so simple yet meant so much to me.

*Wilburs pov*

I admired Mackenzie as she relaxed into my touch. Moments like these never failed to make me smile. Seeing her smile after having such a difficult day was such a relief.

"Let's get some sleep, love." She nodded in agreement, moving from the bed so that she could get under the covers. I did the same, not realising how tired my body had became.

I lifted the covers, laying under them and immediately feeling Mackenzie at my side. She lay peacefully, her back facing me and I chuckled, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her closer to me.

"Well, hi." She spoke, her voice already laced with sleep. I kissed the back of her head and I heard a happy sigh leave her lips. "Goodnight, Will." She whispered.

"Goodnight, Kenz." I replied at the same volume. It didn't take long before I knew she was asleep. I felt my own eyes getting heavy but they jolted back open at the high pitched sound that came from Kenzies phone.

I lifted up to look at her phone, making sure it was nothing important. I was careful not to wake her. My jaw clenched as I saw the notification on her phone.

At the top of the screen, the contact name 'Georgia!' was displayed. I lay back down, not bothering to check the message. It wasn't my responsibility.

What I did know though, is that I'd warn Mackenzie before she had the chance to check it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1046