Chapter 47~ overprotective

"This way!" I grabbed onto Wilburs wrist after we payed, dragging him over to the farm section of the zoo.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" He replied, freeing from my grip and taking my hand in his instead. Butterflies exploded in my stomach but he didn't need to know that.

I ran over to where the rabbits were, pouting at Wilbur about how cute they were. "Aww, look, they're cuddling up to each other." I pointed out.

"I know, it's adorable." I looked up at him, sending him a small smile as he admired the small animals.

"Oh, look, goats!" I quickly got distracted, jogging over to where the goats were as the others appeared beside me.

"Having the time of your life already, Kenz?" Ranboo chuckled as I just frantically nodded.

I looked back to the rabbits where Wilbur was speaking to Tommy and Phil. A small smile automatically appeared on my face before I turned back around to watch the goats.

"I told you, you know." I looked confused at Ranboo who Tubbo was now stood on the other side of.

"Told me what?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as he chuckled slightly, as if I should already know.

"How much lighter do you feel now? Now that you're not hiding a massive secret from Will?" I came to realisation, rolling my eyes playfully with a small chuckle.

"I kn-" I cut myself off when Wilbur appeared with Tommy and Phil on the other side of me. "You alright?" I let out a small laugh as Wilburs face was bright red and he held back a smile.

"Mhm." He said before both him and Tommy both burst into fits of laughter. I looked between them both with an amused look as they tried to contain their laughter.

"Anyway, Kenz, you were saying?" I looked back to Ranboo, shaking my head and patting him on the back.

"We'll talk later, Ran." I spoke as he groaned in annoyance. I shook my head turning back to Phil with a questioning look.

"You don't want to know." He began heading towards the main part of the zoo with the bigger animals.

I guess I'll take his word for it. All of us followed closely behind Phil whilst Tommy and Wilbur continued to laugh. Ranboo came to my side and I knew from the minute he was in sight what he wanted.

"No, Ranboo. Not now, I said we'll talk later." I huffed as he gave me a pleasing look. "No." I quickened my paste, walking ahead of him.

"Kenzie!" I heard Wilburs familiar voice. I turned to look at him, a small smile on my face.

"Yeah?" Him and Tommy quickly caught up with me. Wilbur wrapped an arm around my waste, pulling me into his side.

"Can you tell Tommy that I have already proposed to you, please?" I had no clue what he was going on about. It wasn't until he gave me the look to say 'go along with it' that I realised he was just winding the younger boy up.

"Yeah you have, why?" I shrugged as Tommy face dropped. I quickly changed the ring I had onto my right hand to my left without him noticing.

"Stop messing with me!" Tommy sounded aggravated, but I kept a straight face.

"We're not! Look." Wilbur must have noticed my action as he held my left hand up, using the ring on my finger as the fake engagement ring. That was the exact reason I moved it.

"WHAT!?" Tommy screamed. I quickly looked around us, shushing Tommy in the process.

"Calm down!" I shoved his arm lightly, leaning closer into Wilbur as a breeze picked up on the air.

"I told you you'd get cold." Wilbur smirked. I rolled his eyes, peeling myself from his side and going to walk off. "Nope, I don't think so, darling." Wilbur pulled me back by my waist.

"Hey! I have a right to freedom!" I complained as he just held onto me tighter.

"Tough. I'm holding you hostage." His smirk only grew as I just tried to break free again. "Having fun there?" He was too strong, but I continued to try. "Give up, love." And when I didn't, Wilbur picked me up, sitting me on a near by bench.

"What're you doing?" I looked around cautiously as he just smiled casually at me, crouching to my level. "Will-" I began but he cut me off.

"Are you cold?" A look of confusion spread across my face as I shook my head in denial, clearly lying. He sighed. "The truth." I shook my head again as he just stood up, looking around in thought.

"Are you two alright?" Phil approached us, standing beside Wilbur.

"One of us are." Wilbur glanced down at me as I tried to block the upcoming shiver that needed to rush through my body.

"I'm not-" the shiver escaped, "-cold." I cursed to myself under my breathe, knowing now that Wilbur would definitely not let this go.

He gave me a small smirk before kissing my cheek and telling me he'd be back in a second. He began walking away, stopping in his tracks and turning back.

"Take this whilst I'm gone." He took off his coat, wrapping it around my shoulders.

"Will, I already have your jacket, I'll be fine." I went to remove it but he gave me that familiar look to stop me. "Whatever." I leant back on the bench as he walked away.

"Overprotective." Is all Phil had to say to let a chuckle escape my mouth. I nodded knowingly as the others came to gather as well.

"Where's Will?" Tommy sounded confused.

"If I knew, I would tell you. He wondered off again." I said as they let out a noise of understanding. "I just wanna go and see the seals." I pouted as Ranboo took a seat next to me.

"Aww, Kenz, I'm sure you can last ten minutes." He spoke quietly. I turned to him with a glare as he slowly shuffled farther away. "So, to the seals when Will gets back?" He looked up at everyone.

"Seals sound great." Tubbo nodded frantically in agreement. I shook my head slightly, holding back my laugh as they all shared frightened looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1049