Chapter 38~ everything

The song came to an end as the next one began to play, sending Wilbur into shock at the familiar sound. 'The fall' by Lovejoy played through the speakers. vv

"You did not." He looked down at me in shock. I grinned up at him beginning to dance to the song that the man in front of me wrote himself.

"I did." I answered. He picked me up by the waist, spinning me in a circle right as his voice sounded through the speakers.

'under the weight of a broken nose, it's not that simple be he won't seem to notice. There must be more to this.'

"You really are the best Mackenzie." You only had to listen to his voice to know how much it meant to him. His bands song playing from the speakers of a public disco, just made his face light up with excitement.

I shrugged slightly at his words. "I mean, how can I argue with that?" I said sarcastically and he just shook his head, embracing me in a hug which I gladly returned.

"WILBUR ITS YOUR SONG!" Tommys voice screamed over the music causing us both to laugh.

"I know, Tommy!" Wilbur replied, giving the younger boy a small side hug.

"Take the lead, Will!" Tommy nudges Wilbur slightly as a specific part of the song approached. Wilbur chuckled slightly but still granted Tommys command.

"And we're so calm but we're," Wilbur sang with a smile.

"FUCKING SCARED, FUCKING SCARED!" The rest of us chanted.

We repeated in that pattern until the fourth time when we all sang together. "AND WERE SO CALM BUT WERE FUCKING SCARED OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU!"

"Thank you." Wilbur kept an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"You're welcome." I replied, leaning my head into his side as we continued to dance and sing to the song.

We stayed at that disco for at least another 3 hours before one by one, each of us started to get more and more tired. "I'll drive us back to the hotel, yeah?" I offered, slipping my seat belt on after I was already in the front.

The drive home was quite peaceful. Tommy and Tubbo had fallen asleep whilst Phil and Wilbur had just quietly spoke about random things and Ranboo was watching something on his phone.

"We're here." I shook Tommy awake as Phil did the same to Tubbo. The two stumbled their way into the building before everybody said goodnight and me and Wilbur separated from the others.

"Is it just me or did tonight remind you a bit about George's party as well?" I kicked my shoes off as Wilbur shut the door behind me.

"No, I thought the same, but without the slow songs." Wilbur took off his jacket and hung it on the door handle.

"Yeah, I like slow songs though." I frowned slightly, falling onto the bed as I let out a small sigh.

"Do you? I thought you preferred more upbeat songs to be honest." I felt a dip in the bed beside me as Wilbur looked down at me amused.