Chapter 9~ you're right

Straight after Harper left, Wilbur had walked me over to the sofa still holding me as I continued to cry. Loosing Noah was a start, but knowing Harper was involved just made it worse.

It had been at least half an hour and I was still crying, Harper had really broken me just as I was getting myself back.

"Kenz, please calm down you're gonna make yourself ill and you know you hate that." Madison sat beside me and Wilbur, rubbing my back comfortingly.

" H- how Mads? I- I can't believe this, I loose N- Noah and a week l- later I hear that one of my best f- friends has something to d- do with it? It h- hurts Mads." I stuttered over my words as Wilbur just held me tighter.

"I know, I know." She continued to rub my back as Wilbur loosened his grip to look at me in the eyes.

"I know how you can take your mind off it." Wilbur smiled down at me, as I just wiped my eyes trying not to cry anymore.

"And what exactly would that be?" I spoke quietly as Madison just listened, just as confused as I was.

"Didn't you tell Tommy you would join his vlog today? You can't just not turn up." He made a point but I really wasn't sure about being on a recorded camera when I could burst into tears at any moment.

"Wilbur-" I began but Madison cut me off, grabbing my shoulders to turn me to face her.

"No Mackenzie. Wilburs right, you can't just not turn up plus you know it'll take your mind of it if you get along with this Tommy guy and of course, Wilbur." She explained.

"But what about you?" I frowned trying to make any excuse not to go even though deep down a part of me kind of wanted to.

"I'm sure I can convince Tommy to let her tag along. No excuses Mackenzie." Wilbur smirked at me, knowing I had no other way out.

"Look I don't wanna-" I began to try and make more excuses but neither of them were letting me get out of this.

"Mackenzie, your going! Now go and get changed because you know you want to!" Madison stood me up and sat back down herself. I sighed in defeat, making my way up the stairs to change. I had no other choice.

I got changed into a white top, blue jeans and a black sports jacket. Why not be comfortable when you're putting on a smile, you know?

I walked back downstairs, picking up my same little white bag as I walked past it. "Shall we get going then? I've just realised it starts in half an hour." I turned on my phone, showing them both the time.

"Yeah, and I've just spoke to Tommy and explained what's going on, not in detail, and he's fine with Madison coming." Wilbur explained throwing me a smirk as I just rolled my eyes.

As we left the house Madison energy shot up much to my misery. "No way! Wait! I've just met Wilbur! The Wilbur you've been talking to since the cafe! Oh my god!" She started to jump up and down in excitement.

"Yes, okay, we know, you met 'the Wilbur'" I rolled my eyes. I knew I was being rude and moody but I couldn't help it and I really don't know why.

"Mackenzie." Wilbur shot me a glare. He had never gave me that look before. It was like he was giving me a warning in a way. Was he really able to put me out of a mood when I'm like this? No one could ever do that to me, not even Noah.

"What!?" I snarled back at him as his glare just got even more stern. I glared back, or tried to at least, as he bit the inside of his cheek before turning to Madison.

"Hey, I think I might have left my phone in the house, could you go and get it for me?" He smiled pretending to check his pockets. We all knew he was lying but Madison also knew what he was trying to do.

"Yeah sure, I'll be right back then." She smiled back taking the keys out of my hand before making her way back to my door as we had all been stood by Wilburs car.

"Mackenzie, snap out of the mood." He spoke sternly to me as I avoided eye contact with him. That was before he moved my head himself so I was looking directly at him.

"Don't tell me what to do." I snapped back at him, turning my head back towards the car. He didn't stop there.

"Mackenzie, I know this is hard and you're angry but what you seem to be forgetting is that me nor Madison have done anything but help you, so give up the attitude and get in the car." He opened the door to the front passenger seat as he glared at me, my heart raced slightly at the side of Wilbur I had never seen before.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I realised as guilt filled me. I stayed silent as I stepped into the car, still surprised from what had just happened.

Madison returned but I didn't pay attention, just leaning my head back on the chair trying to prevent tears from spilling. Wilbur was right, but it still hurt to know how much this is affecting me already.

I moved my head to look out the window as soon as I heard both car doors open and close. I didn't want to look either of them in they eye yet. I wasn't mad at them, I just felt extremely guilty.

"Kenzie." Wilbur spoke, I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't want to talk, afraid that I would just do more wrong. Not only that, but I knew if I spoke I would only end up crying again.

"Mackenzie?" Wilbur repeated, I knew ignoring him wasn't helping but I didn't know what to say to him anymore.

"Kenz, don't ignore him." Madison rubbed my arm from the back seat as I just sighed shakily. As soon as I did they both knew why I wasn't speaking.

"Let's get going, shall we?" Wilbur turned my head to face him as I just nodded turning back to the window, this was going to be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1079