Chapter 46~ she needs you

"You don't want to miss this." I whispered to Ranboo as Wilbur and Madison greeted each other.

"I just have a few words for you, Wilbur." Madisons voice sounded posh as she began to talk seriously.

"Urmm, yeah, what is it?" Wilbur looked up at me worried as I just grinned back at him.

"You know Mackenzie by now, bubbly, chill and also a bit psycho." She began as my expression turned to offence.

"Hey, I'm not psycho!" I interrupted before she shushed me.

"And if you know Mackenzie, you know who I am. And I promise you, Mr Soot, I will NOT stand for a broken heart. ESPECIALLY not if it's Mackenzie." I squinted slightly as Wilburs expression was genuinely concerned.

"So if you even DARE to try anything that will hurt her, you will regret it. And that's not a threat, Wilbur, it's a promise. Keep care of her." I smiled slightly at Madisons care as Wilbur nodded.

"I won't hurt her, I promise." Wilbur has a slight smile on his face as Madison was silent.

"She needs you, Wilbur. You've fixed that girl more than I ever could have. Don't let her go." His smile became genuine as Madisons tone went soft.

"Thank you, Madison." He thanked as she replied with a small 'no problem' before he handed the phone back to me.

"I'll speak to you later, Kenzie, yeah?" She smiled at me through the screen.

"Of course. Bye, Mads" I agreed before she hung up the phone and I looked over to Wilbur. The room was silent as he looked at me, the element of our shock plastered across his face.

"Will." I chuckled, sitting beside him on the bed and pulling him into a hug. "She's not so scary normally." I kissed him on the cheek as he let out a small sigh of relief.

"That was terrifying, Mackenzie." He laughed as I laughed with him muttering a small 'I know'.

"I would give a speech too, but I honestly wouldn't know what to say. Especially to compete with her." Tommy sounded more shocked than anyone.

"I'm not psycho, am I?" I asked Wilbur. He froze for a moment before placing a small kiss on my head and standing up.

"I'm gonna go and get changed." He rushed into the bathroom, picking up an outfit on the way out. I looked around at everyone else who just shrugged.

"Bitch." I shook my head playfully as the others just began laughing uncontrollably.

About 2 minutes later, Wilbur came out of the bathroom and we all prepared to leave.

The others left first as me and Wilbur got our shoes on. I put on a pair of black, knee high, heeled boots. At least they didn't make me look as small as I actually was compared to Wilbur.

"Okay, I'm ready." I stood up as Wilbur was stood holding the door handle.

"No you're not." He looked at me. I looked down at my outfit confused.

"No, I am." I confirmed as Wilbur just looked at me surprised.

"Darling, you'll freeze later tonight without a jacket." I raised my eyebrows at him and just chuckled slightly, opening the door myself and walking out.

"Im wearing shorts Will, if I get cold I'll just come and get changed anyway." I spoke as I walked down the hall.

I didn't turn back, but as I reached the others, they all looked confused. "What?" I questioned, looking behind me to see that Wilbur wasn't behind me. "Oh-"

I turned back to them, mirroring the look on their faces as I shrugged. I went to go back and get him, but before I could, he turned the corner and was walking towards us.

"What were you doing?" I laughed slightly as he approached nearer to us.

"Saving myself from hours of complaining tonight." I looked confused as he lay one of his jackets over my shoulders.

"Will, I'll be fine, I'm not going to freeze." I took the jacket from around me and gave it back to him.

"Hmm, but you are, my love." He settled the debate and gently grabbed one of my arms, slotting it into the sleeve of the jacket.

"Will-" I tried to resist but he shushed me and slotted my other arm into the other sleeve.

"Are you two done?" Phil joked as I turned around with a slight huff.

"Yep!" Wilbur smiled and wrapped one of his arms around my waist, pulling me into his side.

"Bitch." I mumbled. He knew I was joking, and I could tell he knew by the smirk he was trying to hold back.

"Psycho." He mumbled back. My head shot up to look at him as he smiled down at me. I broke into a chuckled as he tightened his grip around my waist and kissed the top of my head.

We all piled into the car, Wilbur driving and me in the passenger seat. "Where are we going, then?" Will turned to look at everyone else who looked at Tubbo.

"Right, here." Tubbo typed in his phone a little before passing it to Wilbur.

"Where's this?" Wilbur examined the post code with confusion.

"You'll see." Tubbo smiled innocently before Wilbur hesitantly turned on the engine, giving me a glance of concern before he began to move.

It turns out, Tubbo was taking us to a nearby zoo. I love animals, so this was going to be so much better than yesterdays outing.

"Oh my god, now this is my sort of thing!" I excitedly unclipped my seatbelt as the car came to a stop.

"You an animal person, Kenz?" Phil sounded a little surprised. I opened the car door in a hurry, a huge grin on my face.

"Oh, 100%!" I jumped out the car, shutting the door behind me and impatiently waiting for the others.

*Wilburs pov*

She jumped out of the car, a smile rising to my face at her excitement. "Are you an animal person, Will?" Ranboo laughed.

"Not as much as her, I don't think." I chuckled slightly, opening my door.

"You did it, Will. You got the girl of your dreams." Phil spoke, an element of pride on his face as I looked back at him.

"I did it." I couldn't contain the smile on my face as I thought about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1060