Chapter 32~ i could tell

Once the meal was over, we planned on going back to our own hotel rooms. That was before Wilbur started complaining.

"Can you stop complaining, you'll see me in the morning." I spoke as we all walked up the stairs together.

"That's not the point!" Wilbur argued. I shook my head slightly and laughed as we went to go separate ways to our own hotel rooms.

"I'll see you in the morning Will." I went to walk away before he stopped me. I playfully rolled my eyes and turned around.

"How about I stay with you in your hotel room? That way, you won't be alone and me, Tommy nor Phil have to sleep on a camp bed!" He came up with the best excuse he could.

"How many beds does Mackenzie have though?" Tubbo joined the conversation. I looked at Wilbur. His eyes looked at me with so much hope.

"I have two. I couldn't get a one bed room, they were all booked." I lied. I had one double bed in my room, but I did actually want to stay with Will tonight, and if the others knew we shared one bed then they would probably freak out over it.

"Yes! I won't have to sleep on a camp bed! Night!" Tommy sprinted down the hallway as everyone just laughed.

"I'll meet you in your room, I'm gonna go and get some clothes for tonight and the morning." He told me as I just nodded.

"One problem there." I informed as he looked at me, pure confusion displayed across his face. "You don't know where my room is, dumbass."

"Well, if you told me." He laughed. I laughed as well before telling him the number and heading to my room.

Once I got there, I rang Madison in a panic. It dialled a few times before I heard her familiar voice. "Hey Kenz!" I smiled. I missed her still.

"Madison! I have a lot to catch you up on and not much time!" I knew she could tell I was excited by the laugh she responded with.

"Go for it!" She spoke, I sat on my bed and began to speak.

"So I fell for Wilbur, and I not long surprised him after we hadn't seen each other for a month!" I started simple as I hear an audible gasp for her side of the phone.

"You fell for Wilbur!? Aww, I can't believe it! You two would be so cute together!" I laughed and shook my head at her new 'ship'.

"Woah, calm down Mads, I'm not sure if he likes me back yet." I spoke, trying not to sound too upset about it.

"I'm sure you'll figure everything out soon." She assured me.

"Yeah." I mumbled before I heard a knock on the door. "I've got to go, he's back, text me when you can, please?" I stood up from the bed.

"Yeah, of course, speak to you later Kenzie." We both said good bye. Speaking to each other regularly was difficult with the time zones so it was nice to be able to tell her my secret. She was my best friend after all.

I opened the door to see Wilbur with his whole suitcase. I looked amused and laughed. "Moving in are we?" I joked.

"Well, you're stuck with me every night for the next seven days." He smirked. I moved from the door so that he could come in. "I knew you were lying, I could tell." The smirk remained on his face.

"Oh shut it, you looked like you would cry if I made you stay in your own room." I closed the door behind him. He just scoffed as he rested his suitcase on the floor.

"I wasn't going to cry." He looked back at me, who was laughing. He just shook his head and leant down to get clothes out of his suitcase.

"Uh-huh if you say so." I grinned and locked myself in the bathroom to get changed. I put on a pair of white joggers and a black cropped pyjama top.

Once I came out Wilbur was also already changed. I went to sit on the bed, taking a book from my drawer and beginning to read it. That's all it was for a few minutes before I felt Wilbur turn in the bed.

"Since when were you this quiet?" I looked at him to see him lying on his side, waiting for an answer from me.

"You've never seen me reading a book."  I closed it as he just replied with a small smile.

"I missed you Mackenzie, so much." He spoke.

"I missed you so much too, Will." I lay down next to him on my back. We lay in a comfortable silence until I remembered something. "Will, can you help me with something?" I looked at him with a sad look on my face.

"Yeah, what's wrong?" He replied. I sighed sadly before telling him.

"I need to tell Noahs fans. I just can't bring myself to do it." I told him. He cracked a smile and stood up. "What're you doing?" I stood up as well.

"Come on, I'll help you make a TikTok for it." I smiled and picked up my phone. Luckily, I had the details to his account so I decided I'd post it on there.

"How are we going to do this exactly?" I asked as he leant the phone against the wall and I sat on the floor in front of it.

"You just speak, tell them what they need to know. I'm right here by the camera, okay?" I took a deep breathe and nodded. "Tell me when you're ready." Wilbur had the three second timer prepared.

"Okay." I spoke a few seconds after. He gave me a sad smile and pressed 'start countdown'. The video ended up being 1 minute and 15 seconds long, and it wasn't until near the end when I broke into tears.

As soon as I ended the video, Wilbur pulled me into a gentle hug. "I know, I know." He whispered in my ear repeatedly in a way to comfort me. "Come on." He helped me stand up and sat me on the bed.

We quickly posted the video on Noahs account and then put our phones away. "Are you not cold in here?" I spoke through tears, earning a gentle 'no' from Wilbur.

I sighed and took my suitcase from under the bed. I opened it to be met with Wilburs hoodie. Without hesitation, I picked it up and put it on. I made my way back over to the bed, the room filled with a comfortable silence.

I lay down on my back, with the hood up as it was big enough so that I could hide me eyes. The sleeves hid my hands that rested on my stomach. If somebody was to just walk in, it was obvious I was upset.

"Aww, Kenz," Wilbur spoke sadly. "Come here." I lifted the hood from my eyes to see Wilbur, holding out his arms. I turned into his arms, resting my head on his chest as I tried hard not to cry again. "You look cute in my hoodie." He spoke, still holding me.

I laughed slightly and I knew he was then smiling. "Thanks, Will." I managed to let out. He didn't reply but instead placed a friendly kiss on my head, just like the first time he had comforted me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
word count: 1242