Chapter 6 - Layla

S I E N N A

We've been at the bridal store for two hours and I haven't found the perfect dress yet.

The dresses are all pretty but I want something unique and extraordinary for that special day. It comes once in a lifetime. I want my wedding to be memorable and filled with joy. It's a day one should enjoy to the fullest.

I've already decided that Camilla would be my maid of honor and, Isabel and Azzurra, my bridesmaids.

If Chiara was still alive, she would definitely take the role of my maid of honor. Thinking about her makes my eyes to water. I miss her so much.

I'm not exactly sure what dress they were gonna decide on but I'm excited to find out.

"What about this dress?" Belinda, the owner of the store, asks in uncertainty.

I can't really blame her. I've turned down most of the dresses she suggested to me.

A gasp leaves my lips when my eyes lands on the gorgeous off the shoulder, v neck, trumpet wedding dress with a ruched bodice. The sleeves were long and embroidered. The back was open and it had a long train.

It was absolute perfection.

"The dress is so beautiful." Azzurra whispers in admiration and clutches her chest. Isabel nods her head in agreement, still in shock at the beauty of the dress.

Belinda smiles when she sees the look on my face and hands me the dress so I could try it on.

I make my way to the dressing room and quickly put on the dress, taking my time to admire every detail of the sheer lace material. It wasn't too tight or loose. It was just perfect.

"Damn." Camilla whistles and flashes me a wink. "Blade is gonna go crazy when he sees you in this dress. It's so hot."

"I think I'm gonna cry. You seem ready to walk down that altar, Mrs. Armani." Isabel gushes dramatically and pulls out her phone to take a picture of me. Azzurra giggles and rolls her eyes.

"They are right, dear. I think this dress was made for you." Belinda gives me a warm motherly smile and my heart melts.

I blink back the tears that form in my eyes and trace the engagement ring around my finger with trembling lips.

I can't wait to get married to Blade.

It's like a dream come true.

I just hope nothing ruins it and it goes exactly as planned.

Slowly, I turn to stare at myself in the mirror and smiled at my reflection.

Yup. This was the perfect dress.

****

After we got back from the bridal store, the girls changed into their swimsuits and went over to the pool to take a dip in the cool water.

The weather was hot and the sun shone brightly in the sky. This was the perfect time to go for a good swim but I decided to check up on the little girl staying in the guest room upstairs.

The rest of the children were safely returned back to their respective homes except for her.

She hasn't uttered a single word since she got here and barely had a peaceful sleep for the past three days.

I had her transferred to the room next to mine so I could keep an eye on her.

Every night, I hear her soft whimpers. She's been having nightmares for a while now. It's probably because of what she went through in the hands of the senator.