Chapter 52 - BLADE

S I E N N A

My dad had collapsed.

Those were the words that kept replaying over and over in my head like a broken record throughout the entire ride to the hospital. The conversation going on around me was nothing but a slight whisper to my ears.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize when Blade's SUV pulled up in the hospital's parking lot and he turned off the ignition. The next step that followed was a blur.

I couldn't help but worry about my dad. Was he okay? Is he going to die? Those questions filled me with dread, making my blood run cold in my veins. When I got that call from my mom, it felt like my whole universe was split in half.

Loosing my dad would break me in the most painful ways unknown to man. He might not know it but he's my strength. I loved him too much to go on in this life without him.

Blade ushered us to the room my dad was staying after requesting for the room number from the woman at the front desk. As we approached the room, we froze in our footsteps when Leandro Armani walked out from the room and made eye contact with us.

Everyone literally stopped breathing because this was unexpected. The first question that popped in my head was what was he doing here?

Blade took a threatening step towards his father with his hands balled into tight fist and his jaw clenched in anger while Nico placed a protective hand on my shoulder and Manuelle stood by my side just in case he tired anything funny.

Leandro Armani only chuckled and raised his hand in the air to stop Blade from walking any further, "Easy, junior. I'm not here to cause any trouble. I just came to say Hi to the old man. That's all."

"And why would we believe that bullshit?" Blade grunted out his question. Just a look at his father brought him an un immeasurable fury that I couldn't explain. I guess it was what he went through in his hands when he was still a little boy. I didn't blame him anyway. I hated this man just as much.

"That's your problem, bambino." He said with a spine chilling grin and brushed past him to walk out of our sight. Before he left, his black eyes lingered on me for an uncomfortable amount of minute and he slowly whispered so only I could hear, "You look just like him but the difference is quite clear."

And with that being said, he was gone before I could ask what he meant. For some reason, the way he spoke those words made it obvious that there was a deeper meaning to it. It irked me. I kept my eyes on his retreating future before he disappeared while trying to figure out what his statement implied.

Pushing the thoughts of him aside for now, we hurried into the room to see my dad while Nico excused himself to go to the bathroom. Daddy laid on the hospital bed with a deep frown marring his features. He had that faraway look in his eyes like he was lost in thoughts. He didn't look okay at all. His skin was pale and his eyes were sunken. An IV was stuck to his arm.

"Daddy," I choked on my tears and ran over to him, draping my arm over his body while wrapping the other around his shoulder. I rest my cheek at the top of his head as he held me tight and chuckled. "You scared me."

"My tesoruccio." He said with a tone of endearment, eyes darting from Blade to Manuelle with a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite decipher.
[My little treasure cove]