Chapter 34 - Impromptu visit

S I E N N A

"I can't wait to eat it," Layla whispered excitedly as I poured the batter into the 12 lined up muffin tin cup. Once I sprinkled the sugar over the tops of the muffins, I placed the tray into the oven, setting it to 375 degrees.

"Me too. I'm pretty sure the muffins will turn out great," I turned on the sink faucet and washed my hand before drying it off with a dishcloth. "Go take a shower and clean up your bedroom. It would take a while for the muffins to be ready."

"Okay mommy," She said and ran out of the kitchen. I took off my apron and cleaned the kitchen island from the mess we made while mixing the ingredients for the muffin.

When I was satisfied with the spotless island, I sat on the counter stool and pulled out my phone from the pocket of my baggy jeans. I huffed in irritation when I turned it on. Still no texts and no calls from Armando.

I called him more than fifteen times and he didn't answer my call or returned it. I also sent him a DM on Instagram but he never responded. Maybe he's trying to play games with me or something. He tried to kill my father by sabotaging his car. There's no way I'm going to let this go until I talk to him and kick his ass.

He should know I'm not to be messed with.

Placing my phone on the counter top, I rubbed my hand over my baby bump when I felt the little munchkins in there kick. My heart fluttered. I can't wait to see them and hold them in my arms.

It's really sad that Layla is not going to be around to see them. I just wish things wouldn't be this complicated.

Moments later, I heard Camilla's loud squeal. My eyes scrunched together in confusion at the sound filled with excitement. I stood up and strutted into the living room. My jaw dropped to my feet in surprise when I saw my freaking brother standing by the door with his suitcase.

Camilla's arms wrapped around his neck and her legs were around his waist. They engaged in a passionate kiss that got cut short when Manuelle noticed my presence. Camilla got down to her feet and helped with his suitcase.

"Coccolone," Manuelle whispered with a wide grin. I rolled my eyes at the stupid nickname and happily hugged him. My arms circled around his torso and his arms went around my shoulders. He kissed my forehead and pulled away to rub and kiss my baby bump.

"How are my nephews doing, coccolone? Hope they aren't giving you any trouble?" He asked, ruffling my hair as he draped his arm over Camilla's shoulders.

Camilla snickered, "Who told you she's expecting boys?"

"I just feel it, babe. They are going to grow up to be just like their zio Manuelle." He replied with a cheeky grin. I slapped a hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter. Camilla kissed his lips and walked towards the stairs with his suitcase.

When she was gone, Manuelle grabbed my arm and led me into the kitchen. Looking around to make sure no one could hear us, he plowed his fingers through his hair and whispered nervously, "I need to tell you something. Promise me you wouldn't mention it to anyone, especially Camilla."

I cocked an eyebrow in confusion. The look of desperation that crossed his face made it hard for me to understand what he was getting at but I obliged, "I promise I won't tell anyone. If it's something dangerous and your life is on the line, the promise isn't guaranteed."

He leaned his back at the edge of the kitchen counter with his elbows propped on the counter top. He let out a sigh and said, "I want to propose to Camilla."

A loud squeal escaped my lips at the wonderful news. I'm ecstatic to know that Camilla and Manuelle would be getting married. They are madly in love with each other and both deserve to be happy.