Chapter 57 - A truce

Third person's POV

When Armando got shot in his car, Sienna felt the shock right where she was on the hospital bed. Her eyes flew open and glanced frantically around the empty room. She felt like some part of her was disfigured and her soul crushed.

She didn't know why but hoped it wasn't something bad.

Right back in the parking lot, a crowd gathered around Armando's car. Some where in shock of what happened while others scrambled around to call an ambulance.

Armando was seated on the driver's seat of his car with a gunshot wound on his chest. He was severely bleeding to the extent that the blood soaked his shirt and went down to drench the seats of his car.

Who was the culprit? No one knew. A few hefty guys went around to secure the perimeter just in case the person who shot him was still around the area. The blaring sound of the ambulance could be heard as the vehicle finally came into view.

They parked right in front of the club. A couple of paramedics rushed out with various equipments towards the victim. The crowd cleared a path for them and watched with concerned expressions as they placed Armando on the trauma board and lifted him onto the wheeled cot.

One of the paramedic placed a BVM over his mouth for ventilation. They wheeled the victim back and got him into the vehicle. It was such a sad thing to watch. The crowd finally dispersed when the ambulance was out of sight.

It took a couple of minutes until the ambulance finally arrived at the hospital and wheeled him into the emergency room. Coincidentally, it was the exact same hospital that Sienna was admitted into so as they made their way over to the emergency room, they passed by Sienna's parents, Blade, Nico and Manuelle.

"Is that.... Salvatore?" Sofia D'Angelo let out a shocked gasp as her eyes struggled to make out his face through the blood. When she was sure that it's indeed him, a loud sob escaped her lips and tears pooled in her eyes.

"What happened to my son?" Francesco demanded in a wobbly tone. He was also on the verge of tears but he controlled himself. Both children were in the hospital and he didn't know how to feel about that. His emotions was starting to get all over the place.

"He got shot, sir." One of them replied, not allowing Sofia to get closer to him as they eventually rushed into the emergency room and shut the door behind them.

Blade, Nico and Manuelle stood frozen behind them. They were stunned at what happened to Armando. Blade knew his father had something to do with him getting shot. After all, Armando got his kids out of Leandro Armani's clutches and brought them home safely.

Who knows when Leandro's next strike would be?

S I E N N A

My body stung from all the cuts. The pain wasn't as severe as it was before. I had bandage all over and it was uncomfortable. My brain was foggy so I couldn't remember how I ended up in the hospital.

The smell of antiseptic made me feel nauseous. I hated being in hospitals. There were a lot of memories from my visit at a hospital that I buried in the deepest part of my subconscious. Learning about Layla's illness.... Layla's death and so many more that gave me mixed emotions.

I gently sat up on the bed and checked out the damages I did to my body. It was worse than I thought but the bleeding had stopped. The pain I was so desperate to escape from still throbbed heavily in my chest and besides that, my whole being felt immobilized.

I guess it was just the aftermath of all the blood I had lost. The door slowly opened and Blade walked in. He didn't seem to be okay and I knew it was because of me. Tears immediately started to form in my eyes and a panicked expression crossed his face as he made his way over to me.