Chapter 54 - Playing hero

S I E N N A

"What do you mean you can't find them?" Blade barked, glaring hard at the three men that stood before us in his office. A day had passed since the twins were abducted and honestly, it's been a day filled with pure torture and endless amount of tears.

I've lost count of how many times I cried thinking about my kids. How are they doing? Where they okay? Did something bad happen to them?

The questions that floated around in my head were endless and the throbbing pain in my heart was persistent. My mind kept drifting over to them. I was so fucking restless.

A while ago, we found out that they were abducted for Leandro Armani's child trafficking business. We've heard a lot of issues about missing children from different parts of the world. It was disheartening to hear.

I didn't want to imagine how the unfortunate parents were feeling because I felt the same way like everything in this world was meaningless to me without my kids.

I'm sure they were scared to death. They were still little to be engaged in this kind of shit. I knew Leandro Armani intentionally did this to hurt us. It was his first strike to ruin us all, most especially his son.

I stared at Blade as he continued to yell at his men for their failed attempts to track down the whereabouts of the twins. It was hard for him. Most times he tends to hide his pain from the people around him. I wasn't a fool to that but when I try to intervene, he locks his emotion away and pretends that everything was okay when it wasn't.

It pierces my heart.

When his men walked out, he squeezed his eyelids shut with a clenched jaw and opened them back to stare out the window, his back now turned to face me.

His eyes were red with pain. He was hurting so bad and I didn't know what to do about it. We were both hurting from the absence of our kids.

The urge to be strong for him and comfort him while ignoring my own pain gnawed at me. I brushed the tears from my cheeks with the back of my hand and stood up from the couch in his office to approach him. He felt my presence behind him but he didn't turn around to stare at me. He kept his gaze fixated at the beautiful scenery in his property.

I was clueless on what to do to lessen the pain in his heart. He looked so lost and broken.

I held my breath as he turned around to face me, leaning his forehead against mine and breathing heavily, his breath hitting my lips and sending tingles all the way down to my toes. My heart was fucking beating out of control as he stared into the depth of my eyes and let out a faint whisper, "I'm so fucking scared, Sienna."

My throat turned to cement at his words because I knew that already but to hear him openly admit it in a weak voice broke my heart. My vision became blurry from the tears so I blinked them away to concentrate on him.

"I know," I responded in a small voice and he sighed, "I am too."

Then we heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in." I mumbled, turning around to check out who it was. The door slowly opened to reveal Raphael. He stood idly by the doorway with tears brimming in his puffy eyes. His hair was messy and his cheeks were flushed like he had been crying.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I swallowed thickly and made my way over to him with Blade following behind. He stepped further into the office when I got to him and fell on my knees to cradle his cheeks.

"Why are you crying, Rapha?" His dad asked, tilting his head up so he could wipe the tears from his eyes.

"Aren't Leo and Nora going to come home soon? Why did those bad men take them away from us?" He mewled, staring up at us with those blue eyes that's exactly the shade as mine.