Chapter 44 - My beautiful woman

S I E N N A

I sit cross legged on the bed with my laptop situated in between my intertwined legs. I'm dressed in Blade's favorite black hoodie and a silk cami shorts. My hair was in a low messy bun on top my head and I'm pretty sure it was still damp from the shower I took earlier. Blade was off doing business as usual. It is now that his duties as a Mafia don got extremely demanding. I understood that completely but I missed being with him every damn minute. We haven't had sex in a month; now that's a long ass time. I'm horny as fuck. Just the thought of him made my nipples hard and pussy to clench.

"I never knew being pregnant was so stressful and exhausting. There's another human growing inside of me. I really don't know how to feel about that." Azzurra admitted, rubbing her hands up and down her swollen belly to prove her point. I slap a hand over my mouth to muffle a laugh that was threatening to escape. Azzurra flashed me a small glare while grabbing a slice of Hawaiian pizza from the cardboard box. I watch as she took a huge bite from it and licked the sauce from her fingers.

"It's completely normal, Azzurra." I try to reassure her, adjusting the laptop between my legs so it wouldn't fall off. "There are sometimes you feel irritated, sad and anxious. Trust me when I tell you that I've been through all of that when I was pregnant with my children. Apart from that, you will feel a certain excitement blooming in your heart. Childbirth is nerve-wracking, extremely painful, and...." I pause, sensing how anxious she was starting to feel at my slightly accurate definition of childbirth. I let out a cough to clear my throat and quickly rephrased my statement so she wouldn't feel overwhelmed.

"Childbirth is actually the most important and beautiful aspect of a young woman's life. All the pain you've passed through will be worth it when you lay eyes on your child."

Azzurra visibly relaxed, slurping her roasted pineapple milkshake. She seemed to be in her kitchen, the refrigerator and a few cupboards in sight proved my assumption correctly.

"Thanks for the talk, Sienna. You sound like my therapist right now." She remarked with a snort, taking another bite from the half eaten pizza slice in the cardboard box.

I chuckled and grabbed a hold of my laptop, stretching my legs to the edge of my bed when I started to feel cramps. "That's a good thing right? At least I was able to give you words of encouragement that should be taken into consideration."

She laughed along with me, creases appearing at the outer corners of her eyes. When she raised her hands to brush some strands of hair away from her face, I see the diamond ring on her finger and instantly, a gasp slip out of my mouth, "He finally proposed?"

Azzurra gazed down at the engagement ring on her finger and blushed, her cheeks turning into a darker shade of pink. She tucked her bottom lip between her teeth and looked up to stare back at me, "Yeah, he proposed last week on our date. It's actually a long time depending on how long we've been together but, we're trying to take things slow, you know? It took a lot of time for us to get to this point that's why we're trying to work on our relationship."

I didn't know what to say to her at this point. I understood their reasons on wanting to build a solid relationship before tying the knot. Franco made stupid and reckless decisions during and after the time he dated Rachel. Her heart had too many bruises and bandages to cover up the bleeding parts. Honestly, if I was in her shoes, I don't think I would have accepted him back into my life. The pains he put her through was unforgivable.

Giving her heart back to him must have taken tons of amount of courage and strength. She was stronger than I thought depending on all what she's been through. I admired her for that. No girl would take that bullshit. I'm glad she didn't make it easy for him. He had to earn her forgiveness and most especially, her heart.