Chapter 23 - Two shots

B L A D E

Two days later.....

Sienna is pregnant with twins. Not just one baby, but two.

That's a huge responsibility.

I love kids but why do they have to come now?

We are in a difficult situation right now. We don't know who sent that dead corpse over to Sienna and who hacked our computers.

Our lives are in danger. My mind isn't at rest knowing that the person behind all these evil schemes is out there, roaming free.

What if they try to target Layla, Sienna or my unborn children? Or my whole family?

Fuck. I think I'm starting to have a migraine.

Niccolò's laughter and Franco's teases aren't helping at all.

"I can't believe you freaked out, man. Your wife is expecting twins. That's something to be excited about." Nico said, trying to control his laughter.

At this point, I didn't have it in me to entertain his jokes. I just wondered what life had in stored for me in the next 9months. I don't think I can handle any versions of myself.

Have you met me?

"Don't mind this idiot. Congrats, man. Your sperm shoot two shots in one go. Wait, how many times did you fuck your wife without protection? Never mind that. I don't wanna know." Franco chuckled under his breath. He shivered at the thought of hearing all the details about my sex life with Sienna.

I rolled my eyes at them. It's been two days already and they wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

We had a full house today.

Sofia and Francesco D'Angelo decided to stay at my mansion for three days straight because of their daughter. After what happened at our wedding, it made them restless to think that someone wanted to harm her.

Azzurra, Diego and Isabel are staying over for the night.

I could barely keep up with everyone's bustling attitude these past two days. They made sure everything was okay for the baby's arrival which was 9months away.

I love that they care about Sienna so much. They would do anything to protect her.

Layla was the most excited of them all. She finally gets to have not just one sibling but two. I know she's going to be a terrific big sister.

"I want to speak to me my son-in-law in private." Francesco D'Angelo walked into my office. He was dressed in his usual attire of gray suit. A Rolex watch was around his wrist.

I don't think I've ever seen the man in a casual outfit. His stance was rigid and he looked stressed out.

Franco and Nico walked out without another word.

I leaned back on the chair with a sigh and crossed my leg over the other on my desk. I was exhausted. I haven't slept at all since the incident that occurred two days ago. It's been a heavy weight on my mind.

It isn't helping at all that I haven't been lucky in my search for the criminal mastermind. The mounted papers and empty coffee mugs on my desk were proof enough.

A couple of emails popped onto my laptop screen adding to my pent-up frustration.

I slammed it shut and twisted around in my chair to grab a couple of files.

Francesco glanced at my position with disapproving blue eyes. He sat on the chair opposite where I'm seated, deciding not to comment at all.

I guess he was the man that's obsessed with orderliness and shit like that. Well, sorry not sorry. I didn't have the time to entertain his assumptions of me.