Chapter 32 - Total chaos

B L A D E

"Are you sure Aaliyah could be conniving with Blade's father?" Niccolò asked in confusion. His eyebrows were deeply furrowed in thoughts. It took a lot of time for the news about Aaliyah's betrayal to sink in. Franco couldn't utter a single word.

Aaliyah had been our childhood friend for years. It's hard to believe that she's working with my father and she wanted me dead. The evidence of it all sat in the palm of my hands. I couldn't wrap my head around the reason she could do this to us.

I knew she wanted Sienna's place in my life, but trying to murder me or anyone else is just a step too far.

"It's just an hypothesis. Leandro Armani must have sent her to kill Blade and at the other hand, it could all be a coincidence. Maybe the earrings got stolen." Sienna implied. We were gathered in my office to discuss the incident that took my place last night. Camilla was furious and wanted to beat Aaliyah up but Franco told her not to.

I took a sip of the glass of Pineapple juice mixed with rum as the doctor tended to my wounded shoulder. He pressed a gauze directly against the wound to stop it from bleeding and cleaned it. He seemed surprised that I didn't flinch in pain when he took out the bullet from my shoulder. Then he applied a thin layer of petroleum jelly and covered up the wound with a bandage.

A groan slipped out of my lips when I tried to move my shoulder to get more comfortable on my office chair.

"Take this antibiotics and pain relievers. You should be fine in a couple of days. Don't put a lot of pressure on your shoulder so it won't delay the process of your healing and make it worse." The doctor placed them on the desk and rolled his eyes when I didn't reply. Yeah, he's the one I beat up after delivering the horrible news about Layla. He was terrified of me. The bruises on his face were already fading away.

"Thanks, doc." Sienna smiled at him and walked over to me to inspect my arm while rubbing a hand on her baby bump. It was getting bigger as the weeks flew by. I can't wait to see my babies.

"You're welcome, Mrs. Armani." He said and packed up his things to leave.

Franco stood up as the doctor approached the door, "I'll see the doc out. This whole situation is driving me nuts."

I nodded my head and he left.

"Does it hurt?" Sienna whispered softly, staring at me with concern gleaming in her artic blue eyes. Her hair was a bird nest on top of her head and she had on my T-shirt and sweatpants that were too big on her. Neither of us had taken a shower and it was 4:59pm.

I had on the same black slacks from last night but I was shirtless.

"No baby. Hey! Don't worry okay? I'm fine. It only hurts a little if I move it." I mumbled in a reassuring tone. I cupped her cheeks and planted a firm kiss on her forehead. Her cheeks heated up. I smirked. She's cute when she's shy.

She kissed my bandaged shoulder and said, "I'll make you an omelet and scrambled eggs. Eating an healthy meal will speed up the healing process. I think your tummy agrees with me."

Just as I was about to tell her not to bother, my stupid stomach grumbled in hunger. I frowned. She kissed my lips and walked out of my office with a wide smile on her face.

"You guys make me sick," Niccolò grumbled and made a few gagging sound. His phone buzzed with a text. He took out a cigarette from the pocket of his pants and replied to the text.